Reflux

Posted , 9 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Can anyone advise me, as I am getting desperate. I am currently taking a massive dose of Ranitidine for heartburn and oesophagitis. After two and a half weeks it seems to have stopped working. So I went to my GP and she put me on Rabeprazole as well. That worked well for two days but I am now in pain. I have cut everything out of my diet that might be a trigger and only eat fruit, veg , fish, meat and drink water. What more can I do?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Speaking from experience the best thing for me to get me back into balance is to pay attention to the PH of foods.  Of course finding out what the ph is of any food is a mission so following the advice of Dr Jamie Koufmann, from her fabulous book The Acid Reflux diet , I eat loads of vegetables, virtually no processed foods, cut right back on diary and wheat and only cup of tea or coffee a day.  Some fruits also have a high PH like citrus, berries and pineapple of all things.  Come to think of it I eat very little fruit mainly banana's, advocados and feijoas.  The other thing I do is stop eating or drinking at 5pm or 4 hours before I go to sleep.  My conditions which sound similiar to yours are 90 - 95% better, definetly worth a try.  

All the best, I'm sure you will find a solution if you pay attention to your diet smile

• Posted

Go to the link 3john03683 gave yu it has a lot of suggestions where the main contributor ines is very helpful and has lots of good suggestions on what more yu can do.

It is worth reading thru the whole thread to get all the information and suggestions

Having difficulty pasting the url. Just google "how I cured my gastritis"

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up