reflux

Posted , 2 users are following.

just wondering if wheezing is typical of reflux itsa terrible sound coming up through my esophacas especially at night, also in a lot of pain through acid burn as i had a little alcohol .l which I havent touched for months.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Wouldn't have recommended the alcohol Michelle! Have you taken some gaviscon or similar?

As for the wheezing, yes, it can be caused by reflux when the acid gets high enough to the throat and airways area, where it can irritate the tissues and result in mucous build up as the body tries to protect and soothe the tissues. Do make sure to tell your doc, so no symptom is left unknown to him/her and can be checked out, for an upper respiratory infection could also cause this, and you wouldn't want it to be missed by assuming it's definitely the gastritis.

• Posted

thanks paul no my chest is fine i have had chest infections before this is totally different its very noisy too.
    • Posted

What a pity. If you need to cough at all, and that goes for any time, do it gently as you can, as those abdominal muscles can't 'alf deliver a blow to the stomach area. I even try to prevent best I can sneezes that need to happen, just to try to spare my stomach a wallop, or my ribs if they happen to be pained at the time. Life, eh? What a treat it can be! Soldier on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.