Reflux and Palpitations

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im currently waiting for a date for a Nissen Fundoplication to mend my HH and cure reflux. I also have Fibromyalgia so usually need a sleep during the day,

For the last few days, I have been woken after a short while by Palpitataions. They only last a few seconds but during that time my heart rate is very rapid.

I know that they can be caused by caffiene, nicotine and stress but Ive stopped all caffiend and smoking. I do, however use a Vape but on a fairly low strength. 

Has any one else experienced these?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I too had them more before the surgery and some after ...now it is 5 months they are infrequent and hope it stays that way.  In my recovery time i had what i called my heart fluttering, and surgeon thought it was muscles healing in my chest from the HH.  I followed up with my primary because i got them often,  He did blood work and found that i had a high calcium level which is linked to hyperparathyroid....that can cause heart problems.  I have seen endocrinologist and awaiting results as to my having surgery to remove tumor.  Good Luck and wish you a speedy recovery.....its a long haul

• Posted

I used to have palpitaions that would wake me, but mine were from alcohol. Alcohol is a trigger for many people. Also for me, anything that thins the blood, fish oil, asprin, etc. 
    • Posted

thanks Marcy.

I dont drink at all now. Have cut out Coke ( as in cola NOT as in drug) and stopped smoking in Feb

Lets hope it settles down post op

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.