Reflux getting me down

Posted , 8 users are following.

i have just switched to lansoprazole for reflux. Had pelvic pain, stomache ache constant, sore upper abdomen, wheezing, breathless, and worse of all the feeling something stuck in throat sadwaiting blood results but fear the dreaded endoscopy will be inevitable. Can anyone help me stop worrying.  My GP thinks I'm suffering from anxiety. I can't help but think things like cancer

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

No, no, no. It is not cancer!! It is just side effects. Put thought about cancer away please. I had bad side effects similar to yours when I took dexilant ( new PPI)

it was terrible. Try some other PPIs. 

Endoscopy is not that bad. Don't be afraid.

• Posted

Thanks irina, had lots if good advice from this forum and appreciate all the feedback. 

I am trying to b positive now. Just so many different symptoms 😔 

I am just waiting scan now and if no better will ask about reflux tabs. Only just changed to lansopramole. 

Hope to feel better soon 🙀 

• Posted

Where are you?

Dexilant is new and seems not to be in the UK yet as it is not in the BNF. 

• Posted

Hi I'm in the UK. I'm really not sure if all reflux related but this pain will not go away. Just under my breast bone sad
    • Posted

Dexilant has been approved for use in the EU but as I said it is not yet listed in the BNF the manual that GP's use when prescribing. As it is a new drug it will be expensive at a time when GP's are told to prescribe cheaper (usually foreign made) generic versions of drugs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.