Reflux hell!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been suffering with acid reflux for about 6 months now.. Since my health anxiety started along with raising stress levels. I get burning stomach, burning rib cage, back pain, chest pain, lump in throat.. Sometimes A cough. I've been put on tablets but they didn't help.. I feel sick too when it's bad. I always relate it to my heart and heart attacks, even though I know deep down its just my acid. I just dunno how to get rid of it, because I stress a lot it produces Lots of acid. Just want it to go away now, any ideas?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I have all those symptoms every single day for the last few months and it goes back to 18 months. Just like you Health anxiety was the trigger. Now, I don't cough or have heartburn. I do have chest pressure and heavy breathing all day long which is aggravated when I stand, walk, talk or eat.  Specially when I eat with just the first bite. PPI's or H2 blockers did not work for me, carafate did not work for me.  Now that I changed GI they are saying all they can see is mild inactive gastritis with mild reflux on my esophagus so they believe it could be the muscles on my esophagus contracting which will explan the chest pressure and heavy breathing.  In 1 week they will contact a test to check this out.   But I do have the back pain and rib-cage just like you.  I also have an irritated back thoatt and vocals which they believe is mild reflux. This test will also check the valve to see if is working properly. I suggest you see a GI and ask for an Endoscopy first and just try to eat better untill the results are in.
  • Posted

i know this will sound crazy,in order to get my stress down i do music theraphy, and i do meditation believe me it will reduce ur anxiety and stress levels ,i too at first was like oh yea right ,im dieing here and u want me to do this ...i also recently began taking probiotics and drinking chicory (which is like coffee ) its very strong and i take almond milk get it hot,  DO NOT BOIL steep chicory for3 minutes and drink ,i do one am/pm,the upper back pain stomach pain and all other craziness has gone away in 7 days went to my gi today and he himself said it works,im not on any meds for acid reflux, 7 days im amazedsmile i know not everything works for everyone but this is working smile
    • Posted

do not use chicory if u r allergic to ragweed ,dandelions,or on heart meds!
    • Posted

Hi Yvonne

I have all the symptoms that are mentioned by Itsjackieeex and have avoided all the normal triggers i.e. alcahol, coffee, spicey meals etc so find it interesting that you believe that chicory works for you, I wonder if anyone else has tried this? I shall certainly give it a go and see if it helps.

• Posted

i can only tell u that it is working for me  and getting good flora back in your belly is a great start ....

i search and i read and i call drs and natural drs , my MD told me its people like us that heal people ....drs learn from patients, it makes sense since a dr that has never had acid reflux goes by our symtoms not how we feel the incredible illness we feel... just saying! i believei in being an advocate for my health if a dr doesnt want to listen hesnot a dr i want! and since all medicine startswith plants yep even pharma meds doesnt it make sense that natural holds the curesmile i have had to stand up and demand answers ,ive learned that im not a number ,im a human being  and i want answers lol ,ive had no choice if id listened to all the drs ive seen id be a crazy loon on so many drugs that i wouldnt be here today!

be an advocate for your health!

• Posted

sorry got lost there for a minute lol ,many years makes u go nuts once in awhile lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.