Reflux related symptoms or not?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello all, can anyone give me some advice?  I am a GORD sufferer (for 12 years now and am on 40mg Omeprazole daily).  Yesterday, I had a scan and I was convinced that I had gallstones and was quite surprised that she said no gallstones and gallbladder is fine. I am due for an endoscopy next week to further investigate my symptoms. I think my symptoms are a bit strange, they are very mild upper abdominal pains which usually start from mild pin pricks type pain under my right rib, i have also had a feeling of pressure underneath my right shoulder blade at the back (sometimes) i also belch a lot whether i eat or drink anything or not. My appetite seems unaffected. I have thought all sorts from hiatus hernia to IBS to something more serious. I know the endoscopy next week will be good to have done but does anyone have any ideas?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Raffaela, i have silent reflux. Lpr. My symptoms are acid rising in my throat, immediately after i eat, constant swallowing, burping right after meals or water. I used to have the aching pain in the back and underneath the shoulder but that has gone. Swallowing food isn't an issue for me either. I was on 40 mg of omeperazol but it wasn't working. So i was put on pantaprazol 40, which wasn't working. So they upped the dosage to 80 and some. Relief. I had an endoscopy and found that i have a hiatal hernia. So i have lost some weight because this started when i gained weight. So i try to eat right. No junk , fatty or fried foods for me. I would eat and feel like i couldn't breathe. That has stopped. Wish u luck on this journey were on
    • Posted

What does LPR stand for?  Every morning as soon as i wake up, i can hear the regurgitation of my reflux going up and down (like a crackling, popping candy type sound) and first thing i have to do is reach for my Omeprazole.  I also belch a lot as soon as i get out of bed and am sitting up even before i eat or drink anything.  Is this all really GORD related?  it is getting me really down at the moment.
    • Posted

Laryngophayngeal relux. Which is silent. No heart burn.
  • Posted

I eventually had my gallbladder outvafter numerous tests, no gallstones could be detected. I use to have pain after eating fatty foods, pain through to right shoulder, mainly pain to right side, i eventually had it out where it was found to be infected but this wouldntbhave shown up on tests! I had mri, ct, ultrasound and endoscophy! I hope you sort it out as I know how frustrating it is when no cause can be found, it was my decision in the end to have itbremoved, do you get discomfortbafter eating fatty foods? X
    • Posted

I don't really notice any discomfort as such after eating (whether fatty foods or not).  From my scan yesterday, she said gallbladder fine and no gallstones but lots of 'gas'.  I am hoping my endoscopy on Tues will shed some more light on my symptoms.
  • Posted

Hi raffaela sorry to read how I'll you are feeling. My only comment is do not rely too much on the endoscopy giving you the answer to your problem. I say that because I did and after it I was told that I had an inflammed stomach but they could not see anything else wrong. Since then I have been on a daily dose of Lanso... 30mg and 300mg Ranitidine. The latter was prescribed because I was experiencing a lower abdominal pain at night and they use that for ulcers. So do they think I have an ulcer !. Finding the answer to this problem for many of us just seems a daily chore. Its at least comforting to know that we can all come on here to get advice and learn from others experiences. Good luck Ted
    • Posted

I know what you mean, when you convince yourself that it is 'this or that' and it's not, you are left wondering 'well what is it?' but at least i am getting some good tests done and will take it from there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.