Reflux when mainly when walking!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, 

I have been suffering from this illness for almost 6 month with no clear diagnoses! 

I get a burning sensation in my chest along with a tough pain in my neck mainly when I am walking or exerting myself with empty stomach or after drinking milk sometimes. I did ecg stress test and cardiac blood test and they were fine. I started to feel that I get the symtoms when I reduce my esomeprazole from 40mg to 20mg. but still it exerts when I exert myself mainly. I did an endyscopy after a month of getting 40mg esomeprazole and it didn't show anything. 

is there any explanation for that? 

Thank you.

Tarek

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention that I'm 27 years old, and regular runner who used to run an hour a day for three years before getting the symptoms. 

I was also burping for days after getting the severe symptoms, again mainly when walking!

• Posted

Are you stressed???? Biggest cause of stomach issues.
    • Posted

in fact I becamse stressed after I've got the symptoms. Thinking of getting a heart attack every single minute especially that the symptoms develop when exerting my self!

• Posted

Cut out all trigger foods. Normally caffeine, choc, alcohol, fatty foods, spicy and citrus. No garlic or onion either.

Could try L-glutamine to strengthen lining of stomach and dgl licorice soothes stomach.

No tummy exercises or tight clothes. Keep exercising but make sure it's 2 hrs after you have eaten. No running. Just walking. Could do standing yoga exercises and meditation to help with stress. Even 5 mins deep breathing helps per day. Make time for yourself. Try and nip this in the bud quickly.

If symptoms persist I would go to gp and ask them for endoscopy to see what's going on.

Let us know how you are.

God bless

Dom

• Posted

Thank you very much for all the details Dom, that would definitely help me.

So do you think it's a stomach related issue given that it exerts with exercise? I wanted to know if somebody had such an experience before.

• Posted

I think most gerd sufferers make their gerd worse if they do stomach exercises independent of what the cause of their gerd is.

Sorry I just re read previous posts and I realise u have had an endoscope! I've had 3 plus a colonoscopy. The hiatal hernia didn't show at first. I think it's very small. However I've read a guy had 3 Endo at a top London hospital and nothing showed. It was only when they opened him up to do surgery they found he had a huge hernia. I'm wondering if that could be me or u maybe??? It p*sses me off not knowing.

Let us know how you get on with diet and exercise changes.

God bless

Dom

• Posted

Hi Dominique,

Thank you again for sharing your experience. in fact my turn for endoscopy came a month after starting to get Emosperazol 40gm and after two weeks of not getting severe symptoms. Therefore it was hard for the doctor to notice any reflux effects! I hope it this thing does not last longer as my whole healthy and sporty lifestyle has been changed since then!

Thanks,

Tarek

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.