Relanium

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey. Maybe somebody has experience with Relanium (diazepam)? Does it help with derealization/depersonalization?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes it helps but not a long term solution
  • Posted

I was given 5 mg of diazapan for flying last year and didn't really do much to be honest and I've had dp for over ten years now

• Posted

Yeah I've had generalised anxiety disorder since I was about 23 (I'm 35 now) then a year later I got dp, I have it 24/7! I try not to let it get me down and it hasn't stopped me from all the things I've wanted to do! I would love to wake up tomorrow and it had gone! I'd be the happiest woman in the world!

• Posted

Yes, I know this feeling. I am 17 and I am just lost. I hope, that we will get through this.
    • Posted

Yes mostly at the beginning of my dp not as much now, I just constantly feel like I'm dreaming, stuck in my own head! Your not bothering me it's nice too actually talk to someone who has the same thing as me

• Posted

You need to get rid of the anxiety, your mind is over tired and has clicked on to safe mode keep yourself busy and active, I know this dp is a horrible feeling I hope it goes away soon sweetie, take care x
    • Posted

I have a flu right now and it makes my dp/dr even worse. One day I was just laying in my bed and just thinking about existence. I thought that I was going crazy. 
    • Posted

Yeah when I'm ill mine gets pretty bad but I just ignore it (I know it feels impossible to ignore it!) I'm a bit run down at the moment I got married on Saturday and drank way too much and makes me feel rough for days! I would advise you not to drink because dp hangovers are unbearable! (I don't drink but I did on my wedding day) I know the thoughts of existence makes you feel like you are going crazy but your not sweetheart, you get well soon sweetie :-)

• Posted

My thoughts are a big problem with anxiety and panic. I have a lot of thoughts about existence and my own mind, physical body which of course we have no control over and it scares me a lot! Every day!

I understand

• Posted

Congratulations! Thanks a lot for your support. You are an inspiration. I hope so. : )
    • Posted

Yes, it's kinda hard to control them. But a lot people says that you have to try to be busy. Sorry for my English

• Posted

I agree but it's so hard to go and do something when your thoughts are bothering you so much. And then when you are doing an activity and your

Mind wanders it's so hard to accept for me.

• Posted

Yes, I know this feeling. I think my thoughts makes my anxiety and dp/dr even worse too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.