Relapse of anxiety and uping citalopram to 20mg any help??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I've recently not been feeling to good I've been on a low dosage of citalopram for the past 3 months after anxiety last year. I suffered major anxiety in 2013 after losing my mum,work and other issues life throws at you. My symptoms at the time was fuzzy head,brain fog, ibs and lack of energy. Recently my ibs played up bad and caused me to go the doctors where she put me back up 20mg which i think has started my anxiety symptoms...Hopefully these symtoms will pass in a few days...

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jim.

I can understand. I started 10 mg of Cipralex and i did not feel well at all. My doctor put me up to 15 mg .

It is very normal to have anxiety symptoms now. You want about 3 weeks for your brain to get used to it.

You have to be strong and know that it is just a matter of time and yu will be okay.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks amal

I have been here before and it's horrible didn't think I would be In this place again. It's stress that sets off my ibs which sets off anxiety. It's like a circle. Hopefully be ok in a few days. I'm trying hypnotherapy to help with managing stress, exercise, eating well,vitamin D and omega 3.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Jim. This will all pass. I still get the foggy brain once in awhile but I know it wont last. Its important to stay positive and try and get a little exercise also. I find that this helps immensely. Stick witn the plan. You wont regret it
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks John, I am sticking with it

I upped my meds over a week ago I didn't think it would have such a impact it hasn't really in the past as it did now. My anxiety is playing havoc with every twitch in my chest and stomach makes me focus on it.hopfully today will be a good day...

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello Jim,

I agree with John with regards to exercise in fact that is how I control my depression. The IBS was a MAJOR problem for me and like you it was exacerbated by stress so in desperation I have gone gluten-free and ALL of my IBS has gone. This in turn has done wonders for my stress. It might be worth a try. Good luck

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi deryl

I have tried gluten free worked for a while but difficult to stick to. I'm trying a fodmap diet which helps. I suffer from anxiety which is started from my ibs kicking in. My anxiety then kicks off other symptoms chest pain, brain fog,ringing I'm ears. I hate it just at docs to see about anxiety and to see if it's my meds causing these pains in my chest etc..

Jamie..

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi guys

Did anyone also suffer from mid chest pains on upping there meds. Ive never had till Saturday night comes and goes with me. I was at the hospital today and they gave me an ecg and my heart is fine..bloody anxiety off these meds is ridiculous, just need to crack on...

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Jim,

I hope you are feeling better now, I was taking citalopram 10 mg my first anxiety episode and it really helped me with keeping me calmer i never went to 20 mg though.. I actually wanted to ask tou id your tinnitus went away because  3 months ago i had a traumatic experience which led my anxiety to come back after a while ... Basically a drunk driver broke my leg in two and i was hospitalized and it wasnt easy on me at all and i still am very imobalized even after 3 months and i notice the anxiety has reached to the point i can abrely function and the thing is the tinnitus is causing me more anxiety for some reason it didnt nother me before but now i can hear it bcz im also focusing on it.... I just wanted to ask you bcz i have a super tense head dor 2 weeks now 24/7whixh i guess is causing the tinnitus so much... Im scared it will get so loud it will drive me crazy i think im also depressed but anyhow ..did the ear noise go away when ur anxiety lowered?.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello redona

Sounds like you had a rough time. My anxiety symptoms slowly disappeared after about a month. I'd say I'm 70% better at the moment I'm not sure it will ever go the meds do help. I don't like the though of being on them for the rest of my life though but I'd rather be on them than have the symptoms..I'm on 20mg citalopram at the moment. I suffer from health anxiety and ibs which I manage the both are worst when I'm stressed.

Hope you feel better soon the meds will help eventually for you..

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up