Relationship anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I keep on thinking and acting in ways that I know will ruin my relationship but I just don't know how to stop or control myself. I'm getting my period in a week which could have a lot to do with why I feel so crazy but still. I have been questioning my feelings for him for a few days for absolutely no reason then to just have something to make myself sick over. Can anybody relate to this? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also share my thoughts with him and gets extremely upset with me which is expected. I try explaining my anxiety is making me think this way but he finds this to be no excuse and is getting fed up sad He just doesn't understand. I don't either. I just want to stop making myself sick over this and tearing my relationship apart it has been like this for a few days I don't want it to go on any longer or become a habit. I've never been uncomfortable around but due to thee stupid thoughts I feel guilty and sick. It's almost like I'm making myself think these things I know aren't true. Ugh.
  • Posted

I do the same thing honey. My boyfriend though is very understanding of my anxiety disorder and is very supportive in helping me through it and getting me better. It's hard on a relationship, it really doesn't help matters any but I've learned to walk away when I know I'm having these thoughts and think
    • Posted

Do you go as far as questioning your own feelings? And then telling him about it? When you know it's just a thought.. Ug. I just feel so bad. He's so upset with me right now. I pulled the same thing twice today. And I puked and had to tell him why because I felt so bad.
    • Posted

Yes I tell him. He gets upset but he knows it's just my anxiety plus he also messed up big time with me recently so it happens more often and he understands and tries to help
  • Posted

I can totally relate. sad it's a terrible feeling and just eats away at my mind all day. It started a week before my period as well. But recently it has lasted through my period and continued back up about 2 weeks before my period now. Idk if it has to do with my hormones but I wish so much for it to stop because I love him so much and I hate feeling like this. I just question everything. Like if we're meant to be together, if I'm right for him because he is so good to me, I'm fearful of marriage because of divorce. I also get thoughts of breaking up just to stop these ugly feelings I get and that breaks my heart because I don't want that at all! I want to. Be with him. I want to be fully there for him. It makes no sense to break up with him. He's so good to me, supportive, encouraging. He knows what I battle with internally and tries to encourage me. Besides these rare occasions on good days I KNOW I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him.

• Posted

I get severe anxiety when my boyfriend is out without me...I currently work in a remote oilfield location where I'm gone for 2 weeks at a time.  I have no reason not to trust him and for the most part he is amazing to me but when he goes out to the bar, when I'm not home and he doesn't text me back or he doesn't think he should have to text me when he's out, I have a complete breakdown, anxiety, tears, just a complete emotional wreck because I need that "reassurance" that he's thinking about me or that he misses me.  I've only been in this position since the middle of November and I feel like we have this same issue everytime that I'm gone at work.  I know a lot of it stems from past relationship issues/abuse but up until, literally, this week he was never very good at expressing that he missed me or that he was thinking about me ect and so I felt like he was reverting back to his "single" self not that he would ever cheat on me but more so he doesn't have anyone to worry about but himself.  I've tried explaining my anxiety to him and it just seems like he gets angry everytime I have a breakdown.  Is it too much of me to ask of him to just shoot me a text while he is out or even respond to my text in a timely manner (i.e. within 30 mins to an hour), so that I feel comfortable and we can get to the point of I'm okay with him being out and I only want to know that he's made it home safe at the end of the night?  I just don't know how to work through these anxiety issues in my head and I need to figure something out because I'm going to ruin this relationship if I can't start fixing this.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.