Relationship anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have anxiety and whenever I'm not with my boyfriend I feel down and anxious like I've forgot how to enjoy my time without him. When he's at work I sit in his room with his parents in the house waiting for him to get back.. We've had a few arguemenrs about needing time apart and he has been quite horrible to me recently and I wish I could just go home and it not bother me and actually make him appreciate me more. But I just feel hopeless and bored and anxious without him. I feel like I'm being walked all over because if I message him being upset he will be thinking 'it's ok when I get home she will be there' and I don't want to be, feel like a bit of a mug. Anyone got any advice that may help? By the way I'm 18 if anyone's wondering xx

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry your going through a tough time.

I dont want to sound harsh but I dont think the situation you are in is helping your anxiety.

As someone who has pushed everyone away throughout 16 years of depression, I think we do have to talk to people and have support but there is no point being with someone just because he helps with your illness (or you think he helps)

I would get yourself checked again at the doctors get some therapy.

Try and talk more with your family and friends

I hope things work out for you

Take Carecool

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I used to stay in my gf's room all day and count down the hours until I heard the garage door open and her car drives in! In the end I had to live in a different state and I kept asking her if she's gonna eventually leave me. I got real insecure and kept worrying she'd leave me. And you know what? She did. She was a sweet person who became mean and cold, she said she was tired of feeling like she has to spend every minute convincing me she wants to be with me.

I struggle with depression and anxiety and I couldn't help how I felt...even though I knew it was unhealthy. Now we can't even talk, she doesn't wanna have anything to do with me. She told me I gotta learn to love myself so I'm not so clingy and totally dependent on her emotionally. Part of me still thinks she's a bitch for taking off but another part of me knew it was kinda my fault too.

So honey if you really wanna be with him you gotta try HARD to be ok when you're away from him. Otherwise he'll end up taking off.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that happened it must have been so hard for you after. Yes I totally agree I need my own space I've just managed to get a job so I'm hoping that'll help me feel more independent! I mean six months ago I didn't even like leaving the house so I am feeling a bit better now. I have a lot going on right now and I just need the support from my boyfriend but he has his own problems and we argue constantly but no one is winning the arguements. Really need my own space I know xx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

A job is the perfect distraction! Constant arguing is never good because after awhile you'll be so scared to even talk to each other because you don't want it to end in another fight.

Mental disorders screw up relationships because not every partner will understand that we can't help how we feel. Not every partner who understands will ALWAYS do. It's a struggle and even though my relationship ended I've started seeing someone else. Mostly I wanna be her friend first because I don't wanna screw up again. Both of us deal with the same mental illness so hopefully we will support each other.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My partner understands my issues to a certain degree. My partner can be really hot headed and angry and sometimes quite depressed but I think everybody has them moments. We defiantly need our time apart and this job will help that happen. I just hate anxiety and the constant worry I feel guilty for sitting in today and watching tv when my partner is at work.. Ahh I how things get better
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think you have solved this by yourself. Work will be really good for you. In work nobody knows you have anxiety so you behave differently Suppose we hide it where we can. So for me in Work I would say 90 percent of the time I am free of anxiety. I listen to all the office politics and it doesn't effect me. It's probably a front but it works I feel normal just like everyone I work around. You wil have more to chat about with your boyfriend and the argueing will reduce. You will gain self worth and working makes you tired too so sleeping improves. All good I would say. Good luck you will be fine New chapter about to start for you ! X
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up