Relationship breakdown

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sooo....after living together for 4 and a half months, my boyfriend has moved out since the relationship was making my depression worse and there was no improvement. He wants to stay together(so he says) but I'm struggling so much, I've been taking diazepam to try and give my mind a rest. Any advice?! I know it'll get easier, this only happened yesterday 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh my dear,wow.I haven't been through what you have and to be able to come on here within 24 hours of it happening is something.just take your time,don't rush anything,but also go with your gut instincts whilst taking time to go over your options.do you find your medication helps you? I've never taken it myself,but i hope it's helping with what it needs to.
  • Posted

Had the same with my now ex was with her 11 years stayed for kids not myself. Made me worse in a right state now. My advice get out as soon as you can you've no kids to worry about so no ties. Don't stay in an unhealthy relationship.
  • Posted

Only you can say what is right for you.

Why not just try a mutually agreed separation for say a month, and then see how you both go on?

In the meanwhile it might be in your interest to pop back to see your doctor and ask if there is another medication that you can take that might  help you more than the one you are already taking.

• Posted

Hi I was in a similar situation split with my partner after 4 yrs .(about 6 weeks ago) we both suffered from depression but the relationship was making me worse. Are you on any other medication? Diazepam is good for the short term. I take it every now and again when things get a bit to much .

Things do get easier as time passes and you have to ask yourself do you want to be in a relationship with him or is it your worried about being on your own..

It's early days yet as this only happened yesterday. Try to keep busy . I find it worse when I'm sitting around the house on my own all day.

All the best Rich

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.