Released from care for one year

Posted , 8 users are following.

I spoke to the Physicians Assistance and got X-rays on this last Friday and have been released from care for a year.  I'm hoping that is good.  I still have some tendonitis and hip pain and pain around the new knee and he said it should just keep improving so I am hopeful.  I'm able to ride my bike and walk a couple miles anyway and it is spring and beautiful here now!  He did say to call in if there was a problem.  I STILL notice that I am getting tired and that nap is almost a daily ritual now.

I'm 57 and 11 weeks out. Hope you all continue to improve and I'm going to keep checking in to see if I can at least listen to folks and offer encouragement.  Take care now and pamper yourselves when you can! You've earned it.

1 like, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Yehhhh well done sky you can now say been there got the t.shirt lol
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Excellent news!  Continue to pamper yourself and don't over do it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Keep in touch! There are and will be more to come who need reassurance and hope for light at the end of the tunnel! Journey well!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am 56 and ten weeks and you are doing a bit better than me in walking - I still need the nap too. Your post is enncouraging as bit down today - seemed to make a lot of progress and now its slowed down. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Caroline,  when I  have pain walking now I just think about how it was  only 3 months ago when every step I was gritting my teeth.  Just take it slow and stop and look around time to time. That helps me.

Every one I have talked to said there will be times when things don't go as fast as we would like them to.  I think when I first thought about new knee I thought "less pain" and maybe part of me thought "10 years younger."   Well the less pain part happened.  Up to me to drop a few pounds now and do the best I can.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks - am going to go back to original pain routine and exercise routine see if that works - I have dropped 10 pounds and intend to lose another 10 then I will be a very healthy weight - focusing on positive steps to recovery does help - just frustration that sets in - getting some new trainers to day - seem to walk well barefoot but limp in my current trainers - anything worth a try
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Good for you to lose some weight! That is a struggle for me as I don't seem to have any will power or portion control! Even though I know losing any weight would help it's still a struggle. My problem is sitting here with my new knee feeling sorry for myself....so I eat....

Now the nice weather is finally here I hope to get out more even to walk around the block....which I think I will grab my cane and do right now!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Good to know you are doing well despite your tenonitis and hip pain, I am 75, only 5 weeks post op second knee, exercise bike waiting for me, really helped with my first knee op 7 years ago...this one has caused problems, cellulitis for three weeks, strong antibiotics,severe  swelling and pain which caused me to be 3 weeks behind in exercise . Now on anitinflamatory and water tabs which have helped considerably. Sitting at the table or at the computer dfesk is not a problem in fact feels normal, but getting up and trying to walk is totally different...very stiff and leg straightening is a problem...but I know it will be a long job but hopefully will sort itself out. Double x-rays of both legs on Thursday then first visit with the consultant next Friday.  
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up