Relief of all symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Who has had anterior/ posterior or both repairs and found they are completely relieved of all symptoms ?

So hard to find success stories . I have strange sensations around cystocele which I wonder if it's from that or nerves. I live in hope a anterior repair will solve this .x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Me!!!! It's been almost 7 years since my surgery and I know of many many more success stories. You have to remember that it's people who are having problems that turn to the internet, if everything is going well you just don't need to. Success rates are high nowadays but it does vary between different Health Trusts particularly if a gynaecologist rather than a urogynaecologist is performing the surgery.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. Do you do any core exercise or pelvic floor exercise to maintain your repairs. Also did you get strange sensations around urethral area prior to your repairs? I'm not sure if mines nerve related or to do with things being out of place x

• Posted

I do pelvic floor exercises when I remember but to be honest I don't practice what I preach! Prior to surgery I had all sorts of funny sensations and a dragging feeling. This is because of the nerves and ligaments being stretched now everything is normal.

• Posted

Me! I had a and p, sacropinous fixation and my perineum reconstructed in now last year. Mine is a long story which im happy to tell if you want but i am 100% a bew woman since my op!

Brie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.