Remeron 15mg nightly

Posted , 5 users are following.

I weighed 93 pounds in August of 2015 started taking 15mg Remeron nightly (still am) and today March 10 2016 I weigh 138.4 and look pregnant? Anyone else have this problem? I love the weight but not the gut.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Abby,

I start remeron march 2014 when i weighed 80 lbs. I was on 7.5 mg upped to 15 mg and then upped to 30 mg. My weight is 116. But since i went to 30 mg i noticed the cravings arent that bad. Its what you eat and exercise that causes it. I have been able to maintain my weight with running, weight lifting and eating healthy lean meats, whole grains, and veggies and for snacks when i want like ice cream i eat artic zero icecream 135 cals per whole container!!!!

• Posted

thank you for the comment I've been watching what I eat lately and I don't eat after 7pm I still weigh the same but my gut is slowly going away (vert slowly)
  • Posted

Hi abby

yes! I do, it's really annoying and will be interested to learn how common this is. I think my eating is causing me too feel so tired too. Are you feeling better generally? I guess that's the real important thing.

xx

• Posted

Hi Abby

I was on mirt for 6 years and put on three stone.

Its stopped working for me now and while Im a bit frightned about going onto anoth AD Im looking forward to losing weight.

Mirt was the only AD in my 16 years of depression that helped my mood and let me sleep so I did not mind the weith gainbiggrin

• Posted

I do in general feel much better I eat and sleep very well.. Last night I started drinking lemon juice & water to be sure I didn't have much water weight, and to loose some of the bloating feeling in my stomach
  • Posted

Abby, did you have really bad anxiety when you first started Mirtazapine ? My doc wants me to go on it. I have OCD and my Paxil quit working and I've been on it for 15 years. It's a hard drug to come off of. My anxiety and depression is so bad I can't titrate the Paxil until I get stable on another drug. I've lost 25 pounds so I need to gain weight
    • Posted

Yes Tonia I had bad anxiety it was horrible now it's pretty much under control & with the remeron you can stop it at any time with out any withdrawal from it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.