Remeron Taper Success Story

Posted , 1 user is following.

hello everyone,

back in february i came on here to seek help and support while weening off of remeron, thank you to everyone who commented. i wanted to give everyone an update since there were so many other posts similar to mine looking for some sort of glimmer of hope while feeling miserable trying to get off that medication.

i want to let everyone know i have been off of remeron since february and it was not easy. thanks to my amazing doctor and support system i was able to make it through. my withdrawal symptoms were rough. i wasn't sleeping, my mind felt like it was going crazy, i felt numb a lot and then depressed to the point i had to call my doctor for help. he prescribed me lexapro to help during the weening process and it helped tremendously. i know everyone is different, but lexapro helped me WAY better than remeron and didn't have the horrible side effects i was experiencing. i lost 20 pounds and started sleeping better with time and today i feel like my regular "weird" and quirky self again. 😃

anywho, i remember how desperate for help i felt while going through the process and wanted to share some positive words to those who may also be in the same boat i was. listen to your body, be kind to yourself and remember you are loved. ❤

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.