Remeron withdrawal.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have been on Remeron for almost 3 years. I never took over 7.5mg per night. I am trying to wean off it. I have gained 30 lbs on this nasty drug. My cholesterol is elevated and I just want off it. I was put on it for anxiety and depression. I started having panic attacks and terrible anxiety which caused the depression. I had lost 25 lbs, my hair was falling out, and I really just thought I was going crazy. The sleep and appetite stimulate was helpful in the beginning, but is now just making me very unhealthy. I really don't think it ever did much for the anxiety and depression. Anyone have any luck with getting off this drug? I am down to 3.75 but suffering from awful nausea and today I had a spell of dizziness. I am also on Lexapro which I will keep for now. I truly wish I could get off all of the psych meds.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

did you go straight from 7.5 to 3.25mg. Or did you taper to that dose? How long have you've been on the 3.25mg?

• Posted

I went straight to 3.75. They are tiny and really hard to break into. I have been on the half dose for about 2 months. I am afraid to cut that dose but I really do want to get off this.

• Posted

hello, if the issues that caused the anxiety in the first place still effect you, you may still need a certain level of anti depressant. have you spoken to your dr about a replacement for mirt? amytryptolene has similar sedative benefits. most anti depressants cause weight gain. seroxat did for me, where i put on about 35 pounds over 5 years. when it stopped working last year, i lost it all and more in 3 months. been on venlafaxine for 10 months now, and had 15mg of mirt added 5 weeks ago. am in a much better mental state with the mirt added. my appetite shot up on ven, but there was no way i would allow myself to put on weight again. mental health was more important, appetite was way up, so only option was to radically change my diet. i dont touch processed food, eat only salmon, mackeral, fruit, veg, brown bread, nuts, chicken and turkey, cereals, skimmed milk etc. ive got used to it. cant stray, as it would fall apart, and i would pile on weight again. i havent noticed any increase in appetite since having mirt added. try changing your diet and lose weight that way? just an idea for how i manage a very strong appetite.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I am so glad you are doing well. I need to change up my diet also. It just seems like no matter what I do, the weight keeps piling on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.