Remeron Withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Quit 45 mg cold turkey! I want my life back. I'm so nauseous...5 nights without! Feeling so icky. Anyone have some experience, please share? !

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Oh no, it says on the packet to not stop suddenly as it can be dangerous for your health.  If you look back on this forum there is lots of advice on how to taper very slowly Heather.  Also there is lots documented of the agony of cold turky.

Be kind to yourself to avoid the anguish and wd slowly, it takes quite a while from 45mg but it is far better than jumping off I'm sure.

Do speak to your doctor although they are usually in denial that Mirt' has any wd effects whatsoever which is annoying.

Wishing you well Heather.

C

• Posted

Cold turkey is very dangerous to do and will make you very sick and by my experience makes the wd effects last longer. Slowly wd and shouldn't get too many symptoms or bearable and it will be less then a shock. If your determined to do this cold turkey I think by what my doctors said the first full week you'll be violently sick second week also feeling sick but not being sick and other symptoms will come stomach pain diarrhea isomina headaches and then 3rd week things should expect to improve. However your mood will plummet drastically from cold turkey wd from the highest dose you will probably feel more depressed then when you started. I don't mean to scare you that isn't my intention at all. I just want you to be prepared to what's going to happen. I've cold turkey off an ssri high dose due to serontin syndrome I had no choice but to it could of killed me and it was he'll to the point I very almost got sectioned. Please be kind to yourself and do it slowly. X
    • Posted

Thank you lauren, appreciate the advice. I really do want off this stuff, was unaware of its grip until now...sigh.
    • Posted

Yes nasty stuff I half ed my dose 30 to 15 and I was bed bound for a week being violently sick I gave up x
    • Posted

Hi Lauren, it's been a while since I spoke on here with you.  Are you still stuck on the 30 mg?  When youu said above that you gave up I wondered if you'd decided to stay on it for now.

I hope you're not struggling too much, horrid drug that it can be, at least it helps us sleep !  Until we try to stop taking it that is !!

x

• Posted

Hi Yes still stuck on 30mg and hating it. But i am wd end of September I have too much on to try again and be I'll my mums out the country for the next 3 weeks my daughters birthday and a wedding. I am swapping ads through so don't known how that will work on the wd I have get down to 15mg then swap as I'm not stable enough to come off everything together as they think I might possible be bi polar since matazapine sends me manic x
    • Posted

Yes you've got a lot coming up.  If your doctor is anything like mine (!!) it'll take a week or two to find out compatability ... but maybe talk to him/her about weaning off Mirt' and going on another at the same time - it is do-able, but only you can decide which etc.

Not sure if you saw the link below, it's one of the best explanations of slow withdrawal, I'm sure you don't want to bounce back on to Mirt after another attempt at coming off fast, with respect x:

I hope the moderator doesn't take this off again as it was left on earlier.

Wishing you well smile

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it has already been posted in this discussion.

• Posted

Hi Heather, I'm new to this forum, decided to jump aboard because I'm having a tough time getting off mirtz. I've been on 30 MG per day for a year, decided to stop cold turkey 4 days ago and am also having a rough time...can't decide if I should wean down or just tough it out. I refilled the script because I have to be functional and so far, I'm ok. I do feel crappy however, kinda lightheaded and dizzy. If it gets worse I'll probably give in and take a half (15mg) and try the taper method. I've been reading posts on this site, we're not alone! Hope you're successful, me too!
    • Posted

Hi Jeffrey

Be kind to yourself and try the slow taper, there are so many nightmare stories on this forum of people in mental anguish and with chronic stomach issues.  True wd kicks in after 2 weeks, insomnia is the worst, as Lauren, above has said.  

If you want advice on slow taper there's lots on here, or ask and we can help you.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

Thank you. ..I'm at work now, more later. I'm not looking forward to discomfort but am gonna taper..thanks for comments!
    • Posted

Hi Calmer, after 5 days of no mirtz I took 15 mgs this morning. I'm starting to feel a little better. It's scary to think withdrawal can last two weeks or more...if I wasn't so busy I'd tough it out cold turkey. In meantime I'll minimize my daily dose. Thanks for advice!
    • Posted

Hi Jeffrey

There's more to it than 2 weeks I'm sorry to hear myself say ...

Best to take Mirt' about an hour before bed time, but I understand why you would want to take it daytime if you're desperate.

I am going to send you a private message now.

• Posted

I, too, went from 30 mg to 15 for one week and then nothing. I'm having some insomnia and nausea with a 5 lb weight loss in a week. Got a new prescription for 7.5 mg and can't decide if I want to take it tonight since I'm already 8 days into the process. 
    • Posted

Morning KC

Slow taper is best is you want to avoid nasty withdrawal symptoms, it is said, that 10% wd every 3 to 4 weeks gives your body and brain to adjust

[url=survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/?&gopid=16335#entry16335]survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1024-why-taper-by-10-of-my-dosage/?&gopid=16335#entry16335[/url]

I suppose the moderator may block this but it is the best advice I have come across yet, - a must to give yourself an informed choice.

Wishing you well

C

• Posted

Thank you. I took two Benadryl and then the Mirtazapine and had a horrible night sleep. Tonight Mirtazapine only. Then a slow taper. My doc hasn't seen anyone go through withdrawals from this medicine and suggested I go cold turkey. 
    • Posted

They say the active ingredient in these 2 are the same so you had a massive histamine block going off, did you have a hangover this morning?

Just shows you how much doctors know, maybe send your doc the link also !

Hope tonioght is better for you.

• Posted

I didn't sleep and felt jittery like I had had too much caffeine. Absolutely horrible and I feel just awful. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.