Remind me relapse during recovery is okay!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been nearly anxiety free for a month or so, then the past two days have been experiencing some derealization. I am now so so terrified that I will go back to being as and as I was before. Please tell me that it's normal to experience some blips during recovery. I can't bear the thought of going back to square 1sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Life is all about ups and downs. Anxiety free people have it too. Don't worry, blips are always normal.
  • Posted

hi,i had such bad anxiety last year but since ive been on meds i've been good however i have had the downs as well which i am expierincing now .Been feeling crap for 10 days now.
  • Posted

Hello Jen

Do not worry about "derealization".  I am a lifelong sufferer of anxiety, and  have posted on this site many times with the view of helping people.  Of course, these feelings ARE worrying and frightening, but try to override them and find something positive to do when they occur.  This may seem mundane advice, but in time it will work.  As I have written many times before, you CAN get to live a normal and full life.  This is a brief reply, but I will always help if I can.  Be strong....blips are normal.

• Posted

Hi

I suffer from dp and dr 24/7 will this ease and will I find some normality again

• Posted

Hello again Jen

Yes, you can and will recover, but the strange thing is, I have found, is the DP and DR can drop on you suddenly out of the blue, BUT as time goes by you can train your brain to ignore these tricks. I am just so pleased that DP & DR are both recognised now, whereas years ago it was thought you were going mad when you tried to describe your symptoms.  Keep up the good work!

• Posted

You are not the same person you were anymore. You have gained knowledge and experience about anxiety. Use what you have learned now. This is just a slip up in coping, nothing to fear. The negative thinking and self talk is useless. Tell yourself you made it through before and you will again. Lots of slow belly breathing and if possible while your body is having its adrenaline rush let your mind observe it byt not feed into it. You need to accept the bodies resoinse as a response to adrenaline you need your mind to remind you to accept it as that and nothing more. You can do this. You will do this. You have done this. I hope that helps you. Dont be so hard in yourself, love yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.