Removing GallBladder With No Symptom Pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with 1 large gallstone and go back on the 8th of May to let him know if I have decided to have my gallbladder removed.

When I last went to my Dr's he told me they only remove gallbladders if you have the pain that is asscociated with it.

I just have an occassional niggle but get nausea, tiredness and a general feeling of being unwell.

Do they remove gallbladders where you have no pain as my doctor was most insistant that they don't. I didn't ask if the condition of the gallbladder was ok and don't know if they can tell that from just an ultrasound scan but will be asking more questions when I see my consultant.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You are right to be asking more questions. It is your body and you have a right to answers.

I too have one gallstone and am waiting to have my gallbladder removed.

I though have quite a lot of pain with it.

If you are not in pain why did you have the scan in the first place?

Hope you get some proper answers to your questions.

Keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah.

I had been having really bad heartburn, nausea and acid reflux so my consultant had an endoscopy done and an ultra sound which then found the stone. Since then I have altered my diet a lot and the acid reflux isn't as bad.

The consultant gave me the option of deciding if I want it removed or not and as I wasn't having any pain said he was happy to leave it for another 14 weeks for me to decide.

I don't know if it's the gallbladder not working right but I do feel generally not well quite a bit and some days feel tired. If the gallbladder is healthy I am more likely to decide to wait and see what happens than rush into anything. Have you been given a date or a rough time scale of your op.

• Posted

Timescale of 6 - 8 months but that is getting longer as they are having trouble fitting people in within that timescale.

I was put on list at end of last year. Realistically I think I would be lucky to be done this year.

Thatnk for replying and keep in touch

Love Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.