renewal of "interference"!

Posted , 5 users are following.

The surgeon said no "interference" (sex) for six weeks. So yesterday - just shy of six weeks we gave it a go. It was ok - well really nice actually.

The only problem was that when we were doing the deed I could feel pain high up - not by the wound (I had a posterior repair) Almost as high as my cervix or going that way. I had to ask him to withdraw slightly.

Now I have a slight bladder prolapse as well. The surgeon said that he would not do the both together as he felt the bladder could get worse or better after the posterior repair. Apparently the cervix was fine and uterus where it should be. Now last week I felt the posterior repair had failed a bit as I had the same draggy bulgy feeling (drama queen time!). Could it be that the bladder prolapse has got worse as I had this pain during intercourse? Would that cause pain? I've never had pain on intercourse before even with the rectocele.

I still have the pain in the right side that the gp said was inflammed ovaries, still getting major hot flushes. Is this anything to do with it.

Sex itself was not a problem, we were both happy and relaxed and ready.

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi you are a very confidant lady, I carnet Evan think of sex yet and are six week Tuesday post op A&P, I still get the dry throbbing feeling on and off I think that his the healing inside 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Not so much confident I don't think -  it just felt right. Until himself went a bit too far in! The wound itself feels healed - at least the external stitching bits and I've had no bleeding or discharge.

Not sure when I'll next give it a go though!!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don't think so - not odd as such. Sometimes feel as draggy & bulgy as before - which makes me think is my bladder worse, has the repair failed or is it just the healing? I just have the pain in my ovaries constantly. Yesterday I overdid it. I drove about 20 miles then went into the garden and planted up some pots. Then had acute cramps in lower abdomen and had to lie down. Been mre sensible today. Think it was the other muscles tensing to protect the ones that had been chopped around!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I've only driven very locally. Just took my daughter to see someone yesterday. Can feel the tension in my stomach muscles when I've driven a few mies. Partly why I'm not back at work yet as I have to drive for work. In some ways the sex was easier than driving!!!
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi there

Where did you get your surgery done ?

I Am looking for testimonials about mr Johnathon Broome...

Thanks xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am in Hampshire ,UK. The surgeon I had has a good reputation locally and nationally. I googled him as well and read some of the papers he's written. Can't say I understood much of it but was good to read he's up with current knowledge and still publishing papers. Though I think local reputation is good. Although I ended up with his second in command I asked her too - didn't quite ask to see her CV! She also did an elderly friend a fortnight later - much more complicated as the older person has a pace maker too. She too is recovering very well from a bladder repair, uterus prolapse repair and something else to I think.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up