Reoccurring around start of period

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been getting these clustered bumps on my labia around the start of my period and sometimes while I'm on it. They would be so itchy that I would end up scratching the whole area with my nails. Few years back I got a weird outbreak and went to the ER. Doctor took one look and said it was herpes. He gave me some meds and everything cleared up. But I went to a gyno for STD testing and Hiv testing two years ago and they said I was healthy. So I'm just confused not knowing for sure what makes this thing so persistent.

Probably has happened 4-6 times over 7 years. And mostly on my period. Even had these small cuts on the skin of my clit.

I've been also battling reoccurring MRSA infections and ringworm like things. Mostly on my thighs and arms.

Sounds like herpes doesn't it?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I think the only way to know is by a blood test. Don't assume the worst. I was told that herpes are so painful you can hardly touch them? I know everyone has different breakouts and reactions. Some never have any and have it.

• Posted

What meds did the dr give you that cleared these up the first time?
    • Posted

I don't know the names. One was oral pills and the other was a gel that felt cold to the touch I had to swab on it twice a day for an entire week.

• Posted

Well if it was a pill or gel to clear up herpes and it worked you might have it. A blood test will tell you. I sure hope not.
    • Posted

Yeah, tomorrow I'm going to the doctor for testing. Praying that it isn't. sad

• Posted

Herpes dosnt go away , it's only the same as a cold sore virus. You may get one and then another a year later. I know it's a different virus to a cold sore but the principal is the same. Not sure about the things on your thighs and arms though. Hard to tell without seeing them. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.