Reoccurring Rash

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a rash that appears on my arm and shoulder. It appears every two months or so and lasts about a week. It will alternate between the left and right side, but never both sides at one. Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out. Docs all tell me something different. Thank you!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm new to the site and I'm unsure how to edit my posts or post pictures.

• Posted

Are you in a mosquito area Rashie?    You could be sleeping on one side or the other and the opposite side is being bitten. It could be some other flying,biting insect .  If you are in this sort of area do you use a net?
  • Posted

I'm still thinking its a rash caused by something thats biting the exposed shoulder. Bed bugs? 

• Posted

If I could post pictures you would have a better idea. Do you know how to post pictures? How could you say it's from a bug without seeing it or more information?

• Posted

If you want to post pictures,click on 'reply to' and then click on the box at the far right next to B  i  :]....    it looks like mountains with the sun above. Then select your photos from wherever you store them and open.

• Posted

Sorry you cant post pictures. Obviously I dont know if its the after effects of a bite or bites but as you say its only one arm and shoulder at a time and never together, so I am trying to think of how this could happen.   Dont think its anything you have eaten as this sort of allergy would be all over your body.   Therefore I am thinking its something touching that arm and shoulder and people often sleep on one side or the other with one arm and shoulder uncovered.   What are the doctors telling you?  Does this rash itch? Does anyone else in your household have this,or any rash at all?    where are you in the world? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.