Repeat 18 months on

Posted , 9 users are following.

" Hi,

Just after some advice really, but just before Xmas I was feeling quite run down but being early twenties drank quite a bit from 22-26th of December followed by a couple of days drinking round new year. Once all was done about a week after new year I started getting really bad symptoms like going toilet needing to urinate all the time, pain in the bit in between your anus and testicles, my uretha or base of penis aches after I go for a pee, at the start my kidneys and lower back also used to ache quite a bit but that’s gone now, also don’t know if this is related but I think I’ve got premature ejaculation also ( is this related ). The only other random symptom I have and have had for a few years now is like once out of maybe 10 times After I have sex a couple of hours later I have an agonising pain in the Prostate lasting 10-15 minuets then it disappears then absolutely fine which has been going on for a few years but never had any prostatitis symptoms until recently. The symptoms aren’t life changing by any stretch I can cope quite easily, I sleep well, I still run every other day clocking up quite a few miles a week. The main concern for myself is the constant need to urinate it’s so frustrating. The doctor took my urine and he said there were some white cells in the urine and said more than likely had prostatitis and send me packing with a months worth of cipro, two weeks in its made no difference at all to be honest I’m thinking of binning them and going down my own route of solving it. I’m only 26 and consider myself as quite a healthy and physically fit male.

Do I need my prostate examining ?

Do I need a blood test ?

Ultrasound ?

How long does this take to clear up ?

Sorry for the long winded message but if any of you guys have any advice or info I’m all ears and thank you in advance.. ""

^^ after clearing up this has now flared up again after a lads holiday of a lot of drinking, the exact same symptoms have been occuring, the pain in my prostate at night really fking hurts, shall i go and see my doctor ive stilll yet to have my prostate examined, what do you think this reoccuring problem is 18months down the line **^^

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

  • Posted

    yes go see a Urologist. pain is a sign of something wrong.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    I would go to the doctors in the first instance and tell him your symptoms especially after drinking alcohol. If you fancy a drink, try drinking in moderation with a glass of water accompanying the pint.

    Don't worry it is probably something which will be easy to resolve once the doctor has the history of your symptoms.


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I have had similar symptoms particularly after being on the glug heavily. Get your prostate checked out. You may be asked to do a blood test depending on the prostate examination.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Your best bet would be to go to a hospital emergency room. They have all the equipment necessary to give you the tests and scans needed. No appointment is necessary and you will get the results while you are there.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up