Requesting Opinion from Experienced People

Posted , 7 users are following.

Dear Sir,

I am Mohammad Asaduzzaman from Bangladesh. I am 45 years old.

I am writing about my prostate cancer condition and requesting the opinion from experienced people.

I had to take urological consultation in last year, August 2016. Then my PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) level was 7.1 ng/ml.

I had been taking antibiotic medicine according to the doctor and after four months checking my PSA again and it was 4.1 ng/ml. 

Thereafter I had been leading my normal life. And on February 24, 2017, I checked my PSA level found 6.83 ng/ml.

Thereafter I had been leading my normal life. And on February 24, 2017, I checked my PSA level found 6.83 ng/ml and Gleason’s Grade 3+3=6/10 by biopsy test.

Lastly, I took consultation from an Indian doctor and he suggested me to take Hormone Therapy (Zoladex Injection) monthly (3 Month) and Calutide tablets 50mg per day without any surgery. Already I have taken two injections.

On June 17, 2017, again I have checked my PSA found 1.37 ng/ml.

Is it the right way to save me from spreading cancer cell? And What Should I do now? Is it needed to undergo surgery early?

Kind Regards,

Asaduzzaman Lipton 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Asaduzaman

four years ago i had low grade prostate cancer 3+3 Gleason grade PSA reading 10.something, it dropped to 6 then 9 ,i opted for active surveilance  now i am cleared from cancer,

i

• Posted

I think you should just keep it under review but I'm not a doctor!

Cheers Richard

• Posted

You are bound to be anxious at having this diagnosis this year. However, don't be in a rush to try to intervene any more than is already recommended to prevent the spreading. By no means is it inevitable that it will spread at all. I have had 3+3 Gleason Prostate Cancer diagnosed for several years now and it does not appear to have spread at all. You are 20 + years younger than me, so it is especially right to be alert and to do all the checks and measures to monitor your cancer, as you have many years life expectancy within which the cancer could develop. As I am older, the expectation is that I would die of other causes before the cancer kills me! It is possible the same would apply to you.

• Posted

Is the recomended treatment for continued Hormone Therapy?  If it is I would suggest to educate yourself about Hormone Therapy especially the long term side effects and possible negative outcomes.  There is a lot of information on The National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the American Cancer Society.  Also The Johns Hopkins Brady Urological Institute has a lot of information especially regarding Robotic Assisted Radical Prostectectomy which is the route I went.  Age 67, Gleason score 4/3-7.
  • Posted

Asaduzzaman, you are young and that is on your side. A Gleason score of 3+3 is not too bad. Active Survailance is a good option at this early stage. By all means you should have your PSA checked regularly to make sure all stays well. You have already had a biopsy done. So did the doctor confirm cancer? There are treatment options for you with that low Gleason score other than surgery. Radiation therapy has worked successfully for many. Also Brachytherapy which is a low dose radiation seed implants. That procedure is a one time treatment done as an outpatient. It takes about 45 minutes.  I had that done over one year ago and I am fine now. At the one year point, my PSA was at 0.11. In the beginning it was 5.9 with a Gleason score of 3+3=6. Biopsy confirmed cancer cells in 2 of 12 samples. I chose to get treatment to get rid of the cancer even though my urologist told me I could opt for active survailance. Any treatment will have side effects. I chose the Brachytherapy because from what I read it had minimal side effects and less chance of the low radiation in the seeds to cause damage to surrounding tissues such as the bladder and colon. What ever treatment you choose, just make sure the doctor has performed that treatment successfully many times. Good luck to you. Charles
  • Posted

Personally I wouldn't consider any radical treatment with those scores. There is some doubt over whether 3+3 should even be called 'cancer' because it is usually very benign. Keep an eye on your PSA but don't do anything else. I wouldnt even have had hormone therapy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.