Results

Posted , 5 users are following.

I’ve just received my results. Dr is putting me on Neo-Mercazole - 30mg.

Any tips and tricks with taking this drug? All 6 in one go? Before food? Any help is much appricated. Also, any feedback on my results would be great. How hyper am I? I have no symptoms (yet) is this normal?  

TSH <0.01

T3 13.7

T4 54.7

Thanks smile 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane,

Each lab differs slightly in their ranges so it helps if you get the actual lab slip and post the ranges for each value beside your values.  Keep your own records on your results.  For myself, I learned that some vitamins and minerals were very important for thyroid health.  Vitamin D3, Magnesium, if you have eye symptoms, Selenium is helpful to take.  My TSH was also less than 0.001 and remained at that level for two years, even though my T3 and T4 normalized in the middle of the range.  Then I added the supplement Regular L-Carnitine, 3,000 mg and my TSH rose to 0.12.  Then I added Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 1,000 mg and my TSH just show right up.  The Regular L-Carnitine usually doesn't cause problems and helps your muscles but you have to be very careful with the Acetyl-L-Carnitine because it raises your TSH very quickly when it is taken along with meds and you could go very very hypo very quickly so it is important to be on top of it.  I also got my blood values of the vitamins tested before I took any supplements and was deficient in most of them.  My dosage of meds was 10 mg to start and I always took all my meds at the same time.  Never worried about whether taking it with food or not.  The Acetyl in particular crosses the blood-brain barrier and carries any other meds or supplements you are taking along with it.  Do you have a diagnosis for your hyperthyroidism cause?  Any antibodies?

• Posted

Sorry, sent too soon!!

Electrolyte and water                                            30.11.17         19.12.17

Sodium                       mno1/1       136 - 145            140

Potassium                    mno1/1      3.3 - 4.5              4.0

Calcium,total                 mno1/1    2.09 - 2.54          2.31

Calcium Albumin korr   mmo1/1   2.09 - 2.54         2.19 (1)

Kindeys

Kreatinin                    uno1/1       44 - 80                46

eGFR (Krea) CKD-EPI 2009  nl/min                      119 (2)

Protein     

Albumin                          g/1    40 - 49                    45

Enzyme  

ALT (GPT)Alanin-Amintora    U/1  <35                   19

Alk. Phosphatase           U/1   35 - 105                   75

Inflammation      

CRP (C-reakt.Prot.)     ng/1        <5                     <0.3

Vitamin

25-Hydroxy-vitamin D  ug/1       >20                   18.4 (3)

Thyroid

TSH, basel                  nU/1     0.16 - 4.25          <0.01        <0.01

FT3                          pno1/1     3.6 - 6.4               9.9              13.7

FT4                          pno1/1     12.3 - 20.2           34.7            54.7

All this means nothing to me! I have been diagnosed with Graves'

I have started seeing a naturopath and have embarked on a plant-eating diet.  

• Posted

Hi jane63570, your results show that your hyperthyroidism has gotten worse between 30.11.17 and 19.12.17 when you had your second test. The normal range for FT4 (L-thyroxine) is 12.3 - 20.2 pmol/L and your latest value is 54.7. 

Your Vit. D is low as well. 

It seems that you got 5mg Neo-Mercazole tablets and that you have to 6 in order to make up your daily dose of 30mg. It would be preferable to split the dose provided that you don't forget and skip some tablets. It does not matter a great deal if you take them with food or not. 

Regarding diet, try to eat a lot of vegetables from the cabbage family: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, tender heart cabbage, kale, etc. These are goitrogenic and lower the thyroid output. Make sure that you get enough proteins and calories. Your metabolism is running on high at the moment and you are likely to lose weight and muscle mass. 

Good luck and hope you soon find out what is causing your thyroid problems. Your endocrinologist will likely order more blood tests

• Posted

Like most hyperthyroid patients, your vitamin D is low and you need to take vitamin D3 supplements.  I prefer the gel caps and take 1,000 to 5000 IU per day.
  • Posted

Here are my full results. 

Katrium      mno1/1   136 -145

• Posted

Sorry, I don't understand that.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.