RESULTS AFTER EXPOSING MY SKIN TO SUN AND USING PRREZE

Posted , 5 users are following.

(The pictures are in-order from left to right!)

My journey with Pityriasis Rosea has been VERY draining and depressing... I am in my 7th week but I am NO LONGER self-conscious about my skin.

At first, I noticed a small herald patch on my upper thigh and I didn't think anything of it because I thought I probably just cut myself while shaving or something. 1-week passes and I start to get these small, ITCHY, red bumps on my thighs, under my chest, and all over my stomach and back that closely resemble bed bug bites so I contacted pest control and they found nothing. That is when I went to the doctor to be told I have PR.

At first, they were just red bumps that I thought would just go down but then they began to get bigger and darker (I am African American) that made it very visible and ugly... so of course I didn't want to show my body to anyone or even be sexually active with my boyfriend. After they began to get darker,  2 1/2 weeks later they started to look very scaly and dry around the edges of each raised bump and just when I thought no more could come A LOT more appeared... So I tried washing with Head and Shoulders twice a day for two weeks and NO results, I used coconut oil and still NO results, so then when I finally got the chance to go to the beach (because everyone had been saying go tanning) I immediately noticed results they started to flatten out but they were still dry patches. That's when I ran across Prreze. Using this has completely HELPED make most of my Patches disappear or almost there... some of them are gone which left my skin discolored but I promise you it does not look bad and some just disappeared without leaving my skin discolored at all which is GREAT. 

I wish I had gone tanning and got prreze way earlier then I did because they definitely helped sooooo much and I am very thankful! PR will get worst before it gets better but I promise you THEY WILL LEAVE. It has been a very stressful journey but I hope I can make everyone else's journey a lot easier. One thing I wish I had more of were pictures of the stages to help me better understand this!!! So I am going to leave pictures of my stages for anyone who wishes the same thing!

I would say there are 5 stages of Pityriasis Rosea:

S1/Herald Patch: round or oval cluster of red tiny bumps 

S2: Small red bumps that resemble bed bug bites (itchy)

S3: Red bumps begin to get wider and darker (still itchy)

S4: Raised patches become dry and scaly (WORST STAGE)

S5: They begin to disappear 

I hope I helped whoever is struggling with this!!

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

How many weeks to you have the rash? Did you have any flu-like symptoms, chills, shaky, loss of appetite?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Since she did not reply, I had PR for 14 months. Yes, it was diagnosed with a biopsy. I had flu like symptoms before the rash started- about a week before. Once it started that went away. Many people report toothaches with no cause. Have you tried Prreze yet? That worked for me, I had no rash after less than a week!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

With PR for 9 months now, glad to know that after 14 months you are finally clear!! .... Tried prreze for a month, no changes sad. I guess the only thing left is the tanning bed since l leave in a cold weather area and i will stop exercising or any activity that makes me sweat. Any advices help. Thank you.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up