Retrograde ejaculation?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I see some procedures don't cause yet they still distroy prostate tissue. Why can't uros just avoid areas that cause RE when they doing other procedures like HOLEP?

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

They can in many cases, but they don't for a variety of reasons including lack of training, lack of interest, and because the procedure would probably take longer. Google "ejaculation preserving TURP" and you will find out that some doctors in Europe can perform the TURP procedure without the retrograde side effect. When one uro asked me for about the 3rd time why I didn't want a TURP, I mentioned retro once again. His response was something like, "well, I could probably do it without retro if that is what you really want". Now, WHY wouldn't I want that?

Jim

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Wow that is amazing - I think some of them think by the time a man needs a turp normal ejaculation is not a priority. Still it shows they don't really care. I've heard all surgeons are the same. Here and there you have some exceptions.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

They all ways tell us we don't need it because we are not having kid.  Why should there care.  We still want it......They should care about the patient  Ken

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks jimjames. Googling that really makes me mad. Surgeons just go with reckless abandon without any thought of their patient's concerns. I'm seeing my uro at the end of January. I'm asking him if this is possible with HOLEP

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Alot of older doctors do not want to go for more training.  They only do what they learned in school and the new proceduce are not what they want to learn and think about.  They have the I know best because i'm the doctor.  They give you 10 minute and if you have any question they either side step them or tell you everthing will be the same and don't worry about it or you don't need it.  Here another  one that they come up with.  Lets work on this problem and if something happens will fix that one  We want to fix the problem not cause more ken 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up