Return of symptoms two years after periods stopped!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Has anyone else had all their meno symptoms return a long time after their last period? I had a really tough few months a few years ago but made a lot of changes to my diet and lifestyle and things seemed to improve. Then, out of the blue and about two years since my periods stopped it's all come back again!! Insomnia, morning anxiety, palp's, nausea, loss of appetite, fatigue etc and so it goes on. I'm really struggling again, don't know what changes I can make this time and wondered if anyone else has experienced this? X

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have had months of no symptoms and then they are back now having morning anxiety, hot flushes, insomnia the list goes on the nausea I had right at the change it lasted six months I was so ill hospitalised etc I suck on mints for that and drink lemon and ginger tea has anything stressed you out recently to make symptoms worse my husband lost his job so mine are in overdrive
    • Posted

Hi Jane,

I didn't really have any extra stress was just going along nicely, watching my diet alcohol exercise etc then this came back out of the blue! Bad news for you with your husbands job, I hope he can get himself sorted. I'm going to try some lemon and ginger tea today to see if that helps x

• Posted

ive felt the hormon drops come in 'shifts' or 'waves' but for me the last two brought severe forms of different sets of symptoms and both sets are here to stay now

ive read before that the symptoms come back with a vengeance but  one would think of taking things non chalantly if they didnt show up for two years !!

we just learn to cultivate coping strategies and keep them in practise-- for example the  bag i take out for outings can never be without food, water, wraps, pads etc

• Posted

Yes, maybe I was a bit nonchalant and perhaps we can't afford to be at this time if life! So tough. I'll try and learn some different ways of coping x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.