returned to work this week..

Posted , 10 users are following.

I returned to work on Monday after about 10 weeks off sick. since I've been back several colleagues have told me what my manager has been saying about me. she told everyone the reason ive been off sick (depression). my last sick note was for two weeks and it said the reason for having time off was because of a drug overdose (I took all my antidepressants and ended up in hospital). she's been saying things like im lying about it and if it was true id have a discharge sheet etc, although I left hospital after speaking to the crisis team I didn't get a sheet. she's also been trying to get me sacked because ive put OLD photos up on Facebook, she went to head office and said there's nothing wrong with me and I'm partying all the time. I'm really really angry about what she's done what can I do??

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Danielle,

First of all: only you and your doctor know the truth.  This is a case of bullying and seek legal advice. I have also been discriminated against on mental health issues and lost my job, but try and avoid it making your health worse. Sometimes employers change their attitude once 'bullying' accusations are made. This is currently a 'hot potato'.

• Posted

Hi ive read everyones messages and it's all along the same lines. Could she really be in legal trouble? because I feel this is seriously affecting my mental health, I hadn't been so down the last week or so I thought I was getting better, now I'm back at work I feel back to square one and I just want to quit xx
    • Posted

You have right under Disability / Mental Health Equality Act ( not sure of exact details ). She has breached confidentiality which i itself is very serious.
    • Posted

Yes she could.  I would strongly urge you to take free legal advice.  My husband was bullied and left his job with hardly any money but he left me and the kids anyway, sadly he is beyond help with his D!  Don't quit your job without thinking very carefully and taking legal advice.
  • Posted

This is more than bullying and so serious that I wouldn't discuss or say anything to your boss at all. Presumably the people who she spoke to about you will back you up. To accuse someone of lying about an illness is slander. If you can prove she divulged the contents of your sick note, written by a Dr to your work colleagues then you're home and dry.
  • Posted

Danielle please, please don't hand in your notice. To do so would be playing into the company's hands. and also make people think 'no smoke without fire'. Jimmy's suggestion of getting legal advice is the best suggestion IMO. I wouldn't tell anyone at work anything, and I certainly wouldn't speak to your boss first. I know all this must be very upsetting and is causing you more anxiety. Just remember you've done nothing wrong at all. Had you been off sick with a broken leg, would she be asking for a hospital discharge form, or telling people you've not really broken your leg! NO she wouldn't. Classic example of discrimination, which is a disciplinary matter in itself, let alone revealing confidential information to third parties. Don't cave in, however anxious you are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.