Returning Blister Rash

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a blister rash back in early January and went to the doctors who couldn't tell me what it was and was just prescribed a cream and iodine patches to reduce the blistering. A month or so later and I have now found that since my blistering has slightly scarred another blister has formed and I'm just so confused as to what's going on. I haven't burned of cut the area or had any type of injury of the leg but for some reason I've found today a new blister has appeared and I was just wondering if anyone has had anything similar or can help me understand what's happening as my doctors surgery have come up with nothing and I want to try to figure out the best way to treat it. I'd be very grateful for any help. Many thanks xx

( the first pics are the blistering I had a month or so ago and the last few are of the small scarring and the new blister)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Just thought I'd add I recently was withdrawn from atenolol and I just wondered if that could cause any adverse affect? Thanks x

• Posted

It looks like Bullous Impetigo,as opposed to the usual impetigo. This often clears up with no treatment but can take several weeks. Just keep all areas clean and dry. Dont burst the blisters. Dont share flannels or towels with anyone. This is a staph infection and is extremely contagious so make sure you keep away from babies,pregnant women,the elderly, or anyone having cancer treatment.

Some doctors will recommend an antibiotic cream if it becomes sore when the blisters burst.

• Posted

any word on what this is i have a very similar rash i know im alittle late on this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.