Review in a few hours

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all I'm now 6 weeks post op time has flew in, I'm off to the surgeon in a few hours and I can't sleep 😓 It's 3am in Perth goes anyone know what I'm to expect at the appointment ?will I have an examination ? I suppose I'll know soon enough I had posterior repair and tvt

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Geraldine. For goodness sake go to sleep and stop worrying 😂Yes you will almost certainly have an internal in fact I'd be astounded if you didn't. How is your consultant going to know everything is healing well? Ask any questions you may have but most of all don't worry. This is the end of this nuisance xx

• Posted

Ah it's just everything stressing me out and made me tense last night, Mother's Day in uk, review in an hour and half can't be bothered going back to work bla bla. I do want a check of his handy work but don't want to seem like a weirdo for asking him lol thanks lovely smile

• Posted

Hi Matron

It went well he asked to do a check on me and I'm glad he did as he cut away a few stitches that were protruding, he assured me my grade 1 anterior should cause no pro school for a very long time and that I'm where he exid ted me to be at with regards to my recovery. The only thing is I have ongoing issues with my urine samples so I'm on antibiotics again. He wants to look after this himself rather than the gp or different gps as we can see any gp in any suburb here. He also assured me I do not have mesh! I'm on a few pages that have horror stories about mesh! 😱Are you familiar with these pages matron? Sling the mesh uk and there is an Australian page too Facebook pages ?

• Posted

What a lovely doctor wanting to look after you regarding your UTI. I am aware of some of the scare stories regarding the mesh and because of the concerns I know some countries have banned it including Scotland however in England the Department of Health and the Royal College of Gynaecologists decided to monitor it's use by allowing only a select number of urogynaecologists to use the mesh in prolapse repairs. Two of these urogynaecologists actually work in my area so I know how strict it's use is. The mesh is different to the original mesh that caused so many problems. Every woman (in my NHS Trust) who has the mesh inserted is followed up for 2 years. After the first post op check with the urogynaecologist she is seen every 3 months by one if the Research Nurses/Clinical Matron. Obviously the woman gives permission to be in the research group but doesn't know until after the operation whether she has had the mesh inserted. When I had my repair almost 7 years ago they weren't using the mesh but I have to say I would be happy for it to be used now because it is extremely successful and there haven't been any problems. The general thinking is that some urogynaecologists and more commonly Gynaecologists were using mesh without the correct training and experience and the mesh in a lot of cases wasn't suitable. A lot of research has gone into it here so there shouldn't be any concerns but if any woman declines consent for it to be used then it isn't. I don't know what is happening in Australia regarding the use of mesh but you don't have to worry about that and it sounds as though your surgery has been successful which is good news xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.