Revision

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had my last physical therapy today and saw on appt.with my Ortho surgeon. Thought all was great. My knees both feel good. 12 weeks out bilateral tkr. Then was told my replacement over hangs on the bottom and this is is causing the slight swelling and pain and if it gets worse...I'll need a revision on one or both! sad

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I am 5 weeks can you tell me where the pain is and what it feels like.

As I keep having a catching feeling in the back right side of my knee and worry that therw is something wrong

Thanks

Tom

• Posted

My pain is on the left side of incision of left knee. Right knee has not been a problem though it also has the slight overhang. Problem is the piece that goes onto bottom bone is larger than my bones and sticks out, rubbing on tissues etc. I also feel it when I lay on that side. I am hoping it all comes together cos I do not want a revision on either knee.

I did have that kind of catching before surgery. It was a bone spur catching my ligament or tendon in the back of knee. But have not felt it since surgery. I have felt the new knee move around as it still needs to get snugged in by your muscles etc. At 5 weeks there was a lot more movement than now.

• Posted

OH my that's just terrible to think you will have to go through that agai. Let's pray that things will get better. Take it very easy. 
  • Posted

Oh dear roma

I feel for you as I am silently hoping that I don't need any more operations! What does a revision entail? To be positive it may right itself and no revision needed. How long did they say you need to wait for a result? My thoughts are with you! xx

• Posted

plz ck with your doc. It could be any number of things.This could be fluid.i had fluid removed a few days after Tkr and it never came back. 
  • Posted

Ortho told me at visit about possible revision because he put parts in that are too big. Said I should decide if 90% quality of life is better than to do again. My friend said I should contact lawyand definitely go to different surgeon for revision. It is starting to hurt. Last night had to take pain pill to sleep. First one taken in over a month. Please!! Any advice would be appreciated!!
    • Posted

Contact lawyer***

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.