Revision (going to ROCK it!)

Posted , 9 users are following.

I want to say that I enjoy reading everyone's comments on this forum! Everyone gives such great advice and loving comments - it's a comforting place to visit! I I am not looking forward to my revision on Feb 8th but have faith that God will be with me and help me through it! Since I've been through a partial before I think I'll be able to rock the recovery... I hope so anyway! Who knows it may end up being a full replacement - either way I will rock it! If you have the time please send good vibes my way! I will be in touch!

3 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update... So far so good! Tomorrow is 3 weeks since my revision and I am feeling good. I go to doc tomorrow hopefully to get my stitches out and a good report. Hope other revision patients are doing well..
    • Posted

My update above... It should have said 2 weeks not 3 weeks. Doc appt was good. Happy with my progress, took out my stitches and said to come back in a mth. Already off one medicine given to me due to having a femoral nerve block. Now only 2 aspirin a day until March 8 and pain Med as needed. My in-home pt ends this Friday then 12 sessions of out patient pt. I can walk pretty good as long as I concentrate on my bend and go slowly. Pt lady said I was at 95 bend today.😀 Just hope and pray my recovery continues this path...take care of yourself - push a bit doing your pt and think positive!😀
    • Posted

Just keep up the nice slow steady pace and all will improve. In Dec I was 110 and right where the Dr wanted me. Due to all my surgeries thats about as good as it would get. From now on I was just working on strength. I was having a tremendous amount of nerve pain in my lower leg and hip pain as well. Last week I went to the pain management people. He put me on gabepentin 300 mg 3x's a day for the nerve pain and gave me a steroid injection in the spine. At today's PT session my therapist watched me stretch and said he wanted to measure the bend.......115....another 5 and I hadn't been really working for it but that s what happens when you continue to put in effort.
    • Posted

Hello...Thanks for your vote of confidence! I started by out-patient PT yesterday and was measured at 98 bend. Out new in-home exercises

and go to theraphy 3 x a week for 4 weeks. Got the same PT guy I had the first time which is great! 115 bend is awesome - hope I get there soon. I was on gabepentin after my surgery (cause I had the nerve block) but weined myself off of that pretty quickly. It did help my pain and I hope it does for you - 300mg should! I hope you continue to feel better and thanks for thinking of me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.