Rezum after 3 1/2 weeks

Posted , 12 users are following.

Still burning like crazy. Waking up about every hour. Can't be away from bathroom first few hours of morning. For some reason afternoons are better. Don't feel doctwas entirely forthcoming about recovery time. Wondering if I made wrong choice. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Eddie give your self some time  I think they said most of the time you can see some improvement within 2 weeks but your at 3 1/2   but also can take 6 to 8 weeks.  All men heal at different rate.  But if you don't improve in 2 more week I would call the doctor good luck  Ken

Report Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Ken.  I'm also experiencing retro ejac which doctor never even mentioned as a possibility. Have an appointment in 10 days. I'm hoping by then I feel better though right now I'm pretty disappointed. This is not what i was told to expect. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes had rezum. So far i would say think very seriously before doing it. I'm have lots of burning and retro ejac. Wasn't even told that was a possibility. I'm hoping that things improve but was told I'd startto feel better in 2 weeks and that's not my experience 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Eddie so sorry for that to happen to you but it does happen more often then it should.  I know you told us before but how many injections did you have  Ken
      Report Reply
    • Posted

I'm not sure what you mean by injections Ken. Do you mean how many shots of steam? Im not sure how many but will ask doc when I see him on 10/16

Report Reply
    • Posted

Yes that is what I mean.  I did not have the Rezum.  I had the Urolift 3 1/2 years ago.  Still wide open.  I would not have any procedure that has any chance of retro.  At 63  I am not giving up anything  Ken
      Report Reply
  • Posted

I'm considering Rezum myself. If I understand the Rezum procedure correctly, the steam kills the prostate cells, but there is no mechanism, during the procedure, to remove those dead cells.  The heat also causes inflammation, which would mean that symptoms could be worse at least for some time.  Afterwards, the body needs to remove the dead cells (I don't know how this happens) and I guess that could take some time??

Report Reply
    • Posted

Please read up on the Procedure Make sure you know before hand how many injection the doctor will do before hand.  You have a right to know.  Some doctor like to over kill the prostate.  More of the men that have had 6 and under have worked out pretty good and no retro.  But some doctor can put up to 14 injection and it will take up to 3 month's to see improvement.  There is also a 10 to 15% of Retro.  I have been keeping track for the last year in a half.  We have had 40 men that have had the procedure 23 have worked 17 did not you have also had 18 men ended up with retro and also.  There were 5 men that ended up having a Turp procedure to fix the damage done.  There is a lot of information on the procedure.  Please do your research  Good luck  Ken  

Report Reply
  • Posted

I had a combination of Rezum and PAE a year ago.

The doctor told me that there is a 33 % chance of retro ejaculation. My recovery went well. Took a few months to normalize everything. In the beginning I had some incontinence which went away again. I also was lucky to still have forward ejac. Hopefully you recover quickly and well!

Report Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I don't recall my dr. saying anything about retro ejac. If he did I don't know. I wish he was a little more forthcoming but I guess I could have done more research. 30% seems pretty high. Was that because you had a combination?

Report Reply
    • Posted

Emil did you have them done at different time never heard them being done together because they are done by 2 different doctors  Ken
      Report Reply
    • Posted

Eddie so sorry for that but he should have.  He may have just said something with something else and it was under played.  Most doctors do not consider the male ejaculation a sexual function.  They figure id we are not having kids we don't need it anymore.  I think that is sad  Ken 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Ken I agree 100%. Doctors usually under estimate recovery time for surgery and procedures. I've had a couple of surgeries (not prostate) and each time recovering was way longer than doctor said. I'm 70 so the retro is not so terrible but I wish I'd known. As for the other effects I was told 3-4 weeks and it looks like it'll be a lot longer. I guess I'll have to just hang in and hopefully it'll turn out well in the end. 

Report Reply
    • Posted

Eddie that is true but we all heal at different rates.  When I had my Urolift I was 58 and I was good to go in a week.  But with you being 70 you may heal slower then when you maybe 60.  I hope it works.  Let me know how many injection you had when you get a chance  Heal well  Ken
      Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up