Rezum Milestone

Posted , 10 users are following.

The manufaturer has announced that its Rezūm System has been used to safely and effectively treat over 10,000 patients with benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH) by more than 500 physicians in the United States and Europe.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Rex um is limited to 75 cc prostate and smaller correct? I spoke to my uno about it

He does Rexum. He said at 125 cc I'm too big for this procedure.

• Posted

Wouldn't it be nice to know what % of those 10,000 are pleased with the results?!

• Posted

I also would like to know the results?? As I had it done 12/15/16 and still waiting to see results.........
  • Posted

I would like to know out of the 10,000 how many have sexual side effect and retro?  Ken
  • Posted

I just completed the REZUM procedure 2 1/2 weeks ago. The post op phase,especially, dealing with the cath removal did not goes as well as expected, but it all worked out. Now, just 2 1/2 weeks since the procedure, I see very positive results. Still little traces of blood in the urine but pain has greatly subsided. My flow rate is amazingly better. It will continue to improve for the next 2 1/2 months, but it is equal to or better then when I was taking flowmax. In my visit 2 days ago, my doc said I could resume sexual intetcourse. So, I did, and except for some minor sensitivity, all went well. I am very happy with the Rezum process and the rather rapid improvements to date.
  • Posted

Is it possible to explain what all is done in Rezum System. I have never heard of this term from Urologists here in Pakistan.
    • Posted

It is essentially a medically-induced and medically controlled second to thrid degree burn using steam, administered in two to four places; in other words, nine seconds of steam injected in two to four places in the intraprostatic urethra. The tissue necrotizes and is absorbed over time.  Prostate volume is reduced.  Ejaculatory ducts are spared. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.