Rezum or HOLEP in the UK

Posted , 13 users are following.

Fed up with the side effects of Tamsulosin and waking 3 or 4 times during the night, dribbling etc, so have decided to go for either Rezum or HOLEP. Like the idea of Rezum as there is a good chance of retaining ejaculatory function, particularly if Professor Hindley was doing it. He has done well over 100 surgeries and with good results. If anybody has had either procedure done in the UK could you please let me know the outcome. Many Thanks.

1 like, 72 replies

72 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good afternoon Andy

In a way you just answered your own question

You said you like the idea of retaining your ejaculation function. Holep you have no choice. I am in the US and I had a Urolift done 4 years ago but I have heard good things about Professor Hindley.

Good luck...Ken

• Posted

Can some of the Happy UK Holep patients please add their tuppence worth 😃

• Posted

Derek

I'm not say that it is bad but if he has concerns about his ejaculation. Rezum is a place to start. And if it don't work he can always have something else done.

Have a good day....Ken

• Posted

I'd like to hear from some unhappy HolEp patients as well. Hank

• Posted

Remember he is in UK where to a great extent NHS patients have less choice much of the time. If he has a Rezum they will not fund a later HoLep shortly after.

• Posted

Derek

I forgot that in the UK you most of the time do not see the same doctor all the time. That is a shame that they kind of tell you what you can have or can't have.

Are you only aloud to have one procedure> I know there are a lot of them offered in the UK

Have a good day......Ken

• Posted

I will probably go private and self fund so I can pick and choose my surgeon.

• Posted

Andy

It is a shame that is what you have to do but if you want something else that is what you have to do.

Good luck....Ken

• Posted

If you are in the North East the team at the Freeman in Newcastle are very good

I had my GL there in 2004 and two recent posters had HoLep there this year.

• Posted

And they did have good out comes.

You never know...Ken

• Posted

Andyr could search for posts by Breeze who had great results at the Freeman.

• Posted

Prof Hindley did my Rezum 3 weeks ago...peeing better but still urgency...ejaculation no issues

• Posted

Simon

Thank you. I have a few question I would like to ask. There is a e-mail on his site to get a hold of him.

Thanks again......Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.