Rezum procedure

Posted , 9 users are following.

just wanted to let you know that I had the rezum procedure done 5 weeks ago because I was getting up 6 or 7 times a night to pee. Well last night I only got up 1 time so I would say the procedure is working. Seems like it just takes time for everything to be normal again.  Hopefully this will be the trend. Thanks to everyone in this forum for all of your info.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, Did you have urine rentention? Why did you get the rezum? I'm 86 years old ?

Sounds very good.

• Posted

I got the rezum because of getting up at night, no I did not have the retention problem and I am 74.
    • Posted

Thanks for that info. i wonder if having urine retention would disquailfy me for rezum??
  • Posted

Excellent new Ron. It must make you guys who get up several times a night so tired the next day. I presume you do not really need to pee, just the bladder saying to go and get rid of 50cc or so? Do sleeping tablets help you sleep through the wake up call, or is the call too strong?

Geoff

• Posted

Congradulations. I hope it sticks. Please let us all know how the progress continues, and give us some more details on your proceedure and your pain level. That is wonderful news. Any sexual issues? We want to hear your story.

• Posted

if this getting up at night 1 time continues I  will share my story on the rezum procedure and the pain and side effects of the procedure. Thanks
    • Posted

Do it anyway, I'm sure there are a lot that would like to hear the story.

• Posted

Here is my story. I was getting up 6 or 7 times a night to pee plus some other urinary problems that really didn't bother me except the getting up. I went to a urologist seeking help for the getting up. At first he said I had prostatitus. He gave me some antibiotics for the problem and told me to come back in a couple of weeks. I went back and the same problem was going on and he said he was sure that was my problem. Then he started giving me medications for the problem of which non helped, when he exhausted all meds he suggested this new procedure called rezum. I thought why not, nothing else was working. I had the rezum procedure done on July 25 in his office and he gave me some pills to take before the procedure. Going up my rectum was the most painful where I think he numbed my prostate. The actual steam shots were not painfull and the procedure lasted about 40 min. He sent me home with catheter  and I had to use it about 12 or 15 times which was awful until I could pee on my own. Finally start peeing on my own, and it burned and blood came out for about a week. Finally subsided and it seems like normal again. Hope this story helps anyone considering rezum procedure. No sexual side effects as of now.

• Posted

Thanks Ron- great that it worked out for you. 
    • Posted

Seems like normal means not getting up 6 or 7 times a night to pee. Only getting up 1 or 2, seems normal. Hope this answers your question.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info on Rezum. can you tell us what quailfyied you for this procedure?Glad your feeling better.
    • Posted

Hi Ron,What i meanis not everyone can have rezum done. i was told the size of your prostate will determine if you quailfy for this procedure!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.