Rezum Procedure

Posted , 7 users are following.

New to site and just wanted to let people know how i am doing 6 days after the procedure.

Before having procedure i was looking all over the internet for patient testimonials and ended up on this site. I can honestly say that i was hesitant after reading some of the post on individual complications. a gentlemen suggested that probably all the success stories arent reporting their experiences because they are satisfied and moved on with their lives. i think that is probably somewhat true.

I decided to have the procedure and am now into my sixth day. I had the Foley Catheter removed today. The anxiety that I had about the removal was the fear I would be plugged up and a catheter would have to be reinserted. All was for not. The catheter came( much like taking a band aid off) out with no problem. Before removing the catheter they filled up my bladder with water to a point of urgency. Once the catheter was removed i voided into a plastic pan. This is done to make sure you are not plugged. There was a little stinging but not bad at all. This was in the morning and since then I have voided about every 1-2 hours with very little discomfort. My Doctor said to give it 2 weeks but I can actually see a difference now. I am to continue taking my flow max.

So far after day six i am happy i had it done. i will update as to progress and any questions about my experience i would be happy to answer.

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hope you have continued positive recovery. Any details on how many injections in which lobes, where you had it done, what type of anesthesia, pain from injections, and your condition going in?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Russ,

Never new the exact size other than i had bph and my Dr said he personally thought the Rezum would work well on me. I have been on Tamsulosin HCL .4mg for years and have seen a dramatic drop in effectiveness. More urgencies and sometimes the stream would be more of a drip..drip. It probably doesn't help that I like coffee in the morning and a beer at night. I am 60 yrs and am pretty active and in good shape. When i was 45 my psa was a 4.5 and urologist did a biopsy which was negative. I have since had 2 more biopsy and all negative. Over the years my PSA has fluctuated between 2.5 to 5.0. We have agreed no more biopsies unless some drastic change.

Before the procedure in his office they gave me a sedative and antibiotics and that was about it. I don't know how many burst of steam that he gave me but it seems the procedure didn't take long. My doctor was showing another Dr on how to do the procedure and I remember him telling him you don't want to be too aggressive ..that less is better than to much.

I think from what i have read not all BPH can be helped by The Rezum procedure.

I will get the specifics and report back to you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Randy, what state do you live in? I am in MN and strongly considering REZUM procedure. Thanks, Kenny

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Good luck hope all goes well. I also had no issues after foley removal until night time . I ended up having to go back and get some catheters and use them at night for a week. That was last December and I've been doing great since then.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up