Rezum Procedure 8/1/2017

Posted , 19 users are following.

I am 46 years old. I have suffered with urinary issues for over 20 years. When I was 24 I started having problems with starting and weak stream. It then turned into a split stream and sometimes would spray out, drip etc.

I went to the urologist and he said I probably had scare tissue from an injury or maybe a STD caused some scaring. He order a rigid cystocopy at the hospital. I was out for the entire process. When I came to all he said was you should be fine I will write you a script for Flowmax.

We I wasnt fine. I did not urinate any better and the flowmax just made me dizzy. So I just lived with it never went back.

10 years go by same problems no worse no better. I try a different uro. Same thing, he wants to do a costocopy a urodymanics test etc. Outcome - take FlowMax. Again flowmax does nothing for me.

I again leave and decide to just live with it. Its now over 20 years I have lived with this problem. I decide maybe there is someting new and I try another uro. This time he says well you have a large prostate and once I a cysto and urflow I can determine what we can offer you.

After all of the tests he recommended Rezum. So I went home did some research and scheduled the threatment.

I was given 2-10 mg Valium and 2-5/325 percocets and antibiotics to take prior to the procedure. I was nervous and scared as hell to have this thing stuck up my penis. The cystoscope is horrible for me.

The doctor did a ultrasound prostate block and then a catheter with a numbing agent before inserting the Rezum tool.

I really did not feel the prostat block at all or the Rezum tool going in. I did however feel the treatments. i have 2 on each side and they did hurt. The 4 one I did not feel for some reason. I left witha foley cath and went home without any problems or pain. I was gievn antibioyics to take for an additional 15 days and he added rapaflow for 30 days. I was given a prescrition ofr 30 percocets but I ahve not needed them once.

He had me come back in 1 day to  remove foley cath which I thought was way too soon. But they filled me with salin and I was able to pass it all with only a small amount of blood at the end and it was foaming.

Doctor said go hiome your fine. Well I am not I haven been able to pass urine much at all. Just drips and I am drinking 10-14 glasses a day. I do not have any pian or pressure but I sure cannot squeeze out a p**s. They said I woul de swollen for a few days but its been a week now and I still cannot pee as I did before the procedure which was good at all even worse now.

Hopefully things improve over the next few days or I will be going back to find out about  a catheter.

Anyone else have this problem after the prodecure of not being able to go for days/weeks?

Thanks.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Rezum leaves allot of dead tissue that takes 3-6 months to be absorbed by your system. so give it time

In my case they followed the Rezum with a TURP to remove the dead tissue since my dead tissue was harbouring a drug resistant bacteria.

• Posted

And that is a shame that you had to have that done.  That procedure caused you more problems  Ken
  • Posted

Hi i just started searching forums for patient feedback on the successfulness of Rezum procedure.

I to had it done 4 months ago. Although passing blood in urine and semen in the first 4 weeks there was an improvement in flow, not long after that when emptying my bladder at one time, the entire contents was blood red. After that my symptoms returned worse than before. Constant sudden urge to urinate with extremely poor flow, up peeing 3 times a night. No semen when ejaculating. During a follow up visit with urologist he was surprised and told me to give it another few months and go for an ultrasound again.

it's been 4 months now and now sign of improvement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.