Rezum procedure ,this is out of curosity

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone read if anyone has had to go back and have the rezum procedure for a 2nd time****.Just wondering if the rezum has been a 100 percent or close to that for most?..From what I have seen and maybe I missed some messages it seems to be on the positive side..I wanted to see if rezum worked and then after a few years a person had to go back again because it failed them.

I had it done now about 3 years ago for the 1st time , im fine right now no problems since having my rezum procedure after all things healed.. This is just a reference for me and my health as time goes along.I am just curious I know nothing is a given as we would like it to be. Does anyone know if there is a time span on rezum or it just an individual thing after you have had it done?

If there is a post share the link..

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

With the exception of HOLEP I think re-treatment is pretty common . Your prostate continues to grow after a procedure

• Posted

I forgot to say re=treatment in a few years

• Posted

I had a Rezum on November 29, 2018 that involved 10 injections, 4 per lateral lobe and 2 for the median lobe. The Rezum was performed by a urologist outside of my Kaiser health plan and successfully cleared the blockage but I still have PVR's over 100 ml due to bladder damage.

When I saw the Kaiser urologist for a follow-up visit 3 months later, he said to stay on Finasteride. Since I had no bad side effects from Finasteride and it prevents/limits prostate growth, I decided to stay on it. Over time, I will see how the Finasteride effects prostate regrowth after the Rezum.

If the blockage comes back from more prostate growth, I would do another Rezum unless a newer and better BPH treatment technology comes along. I would definitely not do a TURP. We can always hope for continuing improvements in BPH treatment technologies over time.

Steve

• Posted

Hi Steve:

I am also with Kaiser. I have not had any BPH procedures yet, but am considering it. I have never had any procedure done outside of the Kaiser network. Would you mind if I ask how the payment was handled for your Rezum which was performed outside of the Kaiser network. Did Kaiser pay for a certain percentage or did you have to pay for the procedure yourself?

Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.