Rezum worked - but still having to get up at night

Posted , 9 users are following.

Anyone else have issues with Nocturia after a successful prostate procedure? I thought they were related, but for me it didn't really change anything, I just pee faster now at night when I go up twice to go. I have 0 PVR.

Tim

0 likes, 10 replies

Report / Delete

10 Replies

• Posted

The end of May will be two years since my Rezum procedure. The last time I had my PVR measured, it was 0. I'd rate my procedure as successful.

I get up at least twice a night and need to urinate before I go back to sleep. In my case, though, I think I'm just a poor sleeper because the volume is very low, probably less than 25 ml each time.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

William,

Getting up only twice per night is GREAT!!. I get up, on the average, every 1 1/2 hours and it takes 5-10 minutes to partially clear my bladder before I can get to sleep again. My PVR is about 200ml, so 0 is beyond great. A small amount of melatonin helps as does Tylenol PM.

Tom

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Tim, I have to amend my post; my 25 ml estimate was way off. I measured my nighttime output the past few nights. Each time is in the range of 100 to 150 ml. During the day, I get the signal to go at about 175 ml.

I'd say that my overall capacity is less than yours, but that my nighttime schedule is similar to what I experience during the day.

Bill

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Tim

If you were doing it before you had the Rezum. It may just be a habit. You will just have to work on it. There are a lot of men that have the same problem. 2 times is not that bad. Do you have any problem going back to sleep. Just watch what you drink at night that may help

Good Luck...........Ken

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had surgery the end of October 2017 and it took several months of gradual healing. Now I feel very comfortable, do not have these urges anymore, can hold it much better and control myself. I can sleep 6 or more hours without having to get up, which is a true blessing. As Ken always says...every man is different and heals differently. Best of luck to you!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had surgery the end of October 2017 and it took several months of gradual healing. Now I feel very comfortable, do not have these urges anymore, can hold it much better and control myself. I can sleep 6 or more hours without having to get up, which is a true blessing. As Ken always says...every man is different and heals differently. Best of luck to you!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply Timothy.

David.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I had Rezum 3 years ago. Most nights I get up once, at most twice, which is a big improvement from what before the procedure. 250-400 is definitely in the zone where you shouldn't hold it anymore, especially on the high end. it seems that your body just expels a lot of liquid at night and all you can do is limit fluid/caffeine before bed, ect. There are some threads (in Rezum - have you had this done) where folks say that wearing compression socks during the day helps force the liquid before bed and cuts down on the middle of the night bathroom trips, You might want to search for those as some have said they got a lot of relief.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up