Rezume didn't now looking at Urolift

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had Rezume procedure done in January 2019. Just had a my check up and I still have blockage and not emptying my bladder. He says options are Lazer cutting prostate or Urolift. He recommends urolift for me at this time. Looking for any problems I might have. Can't be worse than 3 ER visits after my last procedure.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

from what I have been told and read was retro ejaculation and erectile dysfunction.

• Posted

I had Urolift which helped initially but after a few months I'm back to square one plus now I have constant pain from either the clips or something that happened during the procedure. After 11 months of it, pretty fed up.

• Posted

Preston,

Before you have another procedure, what did you cystoscopy say about the type of blockage and the condition of your bladder? What did your urodynamics test say about your detrusor response - again the condition of your bladder?

I had a Rezum done in late November 2018 and it worked like a charm to clear my obstruction, although the 10 (2 median lobe and 4 each lateral lobe) Rezum injections were not exactly a charming experience at the time.

Steve

• Posted

Steve,

I had Rezum in January 2019 and it didn't fix my blockage completely. Bladder is good condition, the flow was good and I still had urine in my bladder. I should have done the urolift in the first place. I think I would have a better out come.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.