Skip to content
in this discussion +2 following Follow this discussion

Rhofade for Severe Atopic Dermatitis

I know that Rhofade is specifically for rosacea, but, could it possibly [/b]be efficacious for severe facial dermatitiswith significant erythema (redness)

The most current Rx for general dermatitis is called: Eucrisa

My theory (concerning my facial redness) is that beginning at age 12

Iwas Dx with cystic acne.

I was placed on (2) rounds of Accutane, and used a kaleidoscope of ointments (benzyl peroxide) and many other creams, including corticosteriods, for ----years----

I think the Accutane damaged my skin's ability to moisturize itself.

As a result, even ------lightly---- shaving my face results in profound blotches of unsightly redness (and pain)

I have tried Elidel and Protopic...and now the new Eucrisa.

I know I do not necessarily have rosacea, but in many respects, what I have is profoundly worse.

And although the conditions do clinically differ erythema is one variable both have in common

Has anyone tried Rhofade for a condition such as mine.  

The main symptom is redness that lasts for hours

Mirvaso was a nightmare..it caused permanent "white blotchy areas" on my skin.

I an looking forward to anyone who might be kind enough to provide feedback, especially as it relates with Rhofade results   

Report this

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.