Rib cage pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello! for the last two weeks i ve noticed that during night time i develop i terrible rib cage pain. i sleep bad and when i wake up i am like a truck smashed my rib cage. after an hour i feel a bit better, but right after i wake up and during night time, when i move, the pain is more than i can take. my breasts are also inflamed, my left arm and left fingers painful. anyone can relate with that?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had this problem in February this year, km having bad perimenopause symptoms, my left breast was painful and swollen, my left arm, fingers and rib cage was painful, I could not sleep on my front at all, I also had lumps in my left breast. I went to see my doctor who sent me for a mamogram, he also did ultrasound on my breast. However it was harmless cysts. Few days later I had a period and it dissappeared, I'm still having periods now and again. I'm 53, I would also advise you to see your doctor to check it out to put your mind at rest. It's the best way forward.

Kdj

• Posted

thank you! i used to have it on my left part, now its all over my rib cage. today i am a bit better, but woke up with a leg pain. never had it before. i did all the possible medical investigations, no idea from doctors. all my tests are perfect, yet I feel so bad for a year, every day. i am already obsessed i might have lyme. i cannot imagine peri to cause such great pain.

• Posted

Seems you are just like me. After the breast pains, I developed right leg pain. My leg was painful upto my lower back, doctors said its sciatica nerve pain, sent me for physio but after the second appointment my pain went away.

Honestly I think it's all perimenopause related symptoms. This week I'm having sinus congestion. Never ending.

• Edited

i had the rib pain last year, had scans done and nothing! im on a menopause site and the amount of women that complain about their ribs, have you got reflux? x

• Edited

I've had this off and on over the last year. Recently, I've found that it's worse if I have on an underwire bra--seems to put pressure on my ribs. I've had random tingling/numbness in my fingers and arm, too, usually on the left side. Sometimes it goes away with stretching. For me, this seems to be associated with stress and shoulder tightness. If I put Bengay or something similar on my shoulders, it tends to make the tingliness go away, but not always. I've also wondered if this is related to upper cross syndrome as I notice it more when I've been doing lots of computer work and haven't taken time to do yoga. I figure if I've had all these weird things going on for over a year and it hasn't killed me yet, or really gotten worse, that it's likely perimenopause! My blood work has been normal, mammograms are fine, etc., so that also makes me think it's all peri-related.

I have found that magnesium spray helps with leg cramps. My gynecologist recommended mustard, which is also high in magnesium, but I hate mustard. She said the cramping and pain is often caused by low magnesium. May be worth a try to see if it helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.