Rib pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

rib pain is the worst pain at the moment it's really painful does anyone else get this and how does it feel 

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Next
  • Posted

HI I was literally just about to write about something similar, for the past hour and half iv had sharp pains in left side of.my chest which then feels like it travels to my ribs, it's such a sharp shooting stabbing type pain which is coming and going every few seconds! It's really worrying me I'm thinking it's my heart as usual I suffer with severe chest pains all the time as well as palpitations and doctors day it's anxiety as usual but I'm not convinced as the pain is so severe! I'm So scared I haven't had this before but iv taken painkillers and doesn't seem to be going off I'm also on propanolol 10mg 3 times daily for about 3 weeks I have been taking these and I haven't seen that much of a difference, since December I have been to a&e 8 times because I couldn't breathe and my heart was pounding and obviously convinced it was a heart attack iv had ecgs, full blood tests and chest x ray all normal but I don't get where this pain is coming from its on my left side and I'm petrified of dying in my sleep im so tired but scared to go sleep I don't know what to do I'm so sorry for writing all of this but nothing is convincing me it's not my heart causing this pain it's located right where my heart is im only 22 and I feel like my days are numbered I'm not currently having a panic attack this pain is just really bothering me and I don't want to end up in a&e again I'm making an appointment with my go for.tomorrow but I fear I won't last until then sad please tell me your having these symptoms or someone can relate I can't live like this no more sad sad constantly thinking it's my heart after numerous tests but why is the pain there and my heart constantly pounding also a&e doctor said my ecg was normal but showed a few ectopic heartbeats but said it's normal and nothing to worry about but I just can't accept that there Missing something sad
    • Posted

Do you get upper left back pain with this pain left ribs as I do
    • Posted

Hi Ross I haven't had that much of a bad day today my chest has just started now tho got the palpitations and heaviness/pain/pressure on left side again trying to ignore it took my propanolol about 1 hour ago but doctors today still say it's anxiety and have precibed me mirtazipine 30mg to take one at night I'm scared Of taking it tho what if.I have a reaction or something sad ill just take it and hope for the best how u feeling today x
    • Posted

Same didn't feel to bad until got into bed 30mins ago left arm and left part of chest feel numb and sort of warm hot feeling been put on 80 mg propranolol today so see if that can help 
    • Posted

You'll be fine all you've gotta remember with anti depressants is that once you start taking them don't stop I mean like you can't miss days because it can reverse and make you feel worst and the only reason I this is because the Dr told me but apart from that they will help you why do u think u int gunna wake up 
  • Posted

P.s. hope your ok have you taken anything for your pain relief? Can u describe your symptoms to me and how long have u had it for? Sorry for the long post I'm. Just so scared right now
    • Posted

I'm only 25 suffered with anxiety for about 4 years now really not nice it is scary isn't it my symptoms are endless chest pain ribs pain back pain headaches blurry vision floaters arm pain pains in my hands and feet feels like in my bones burning sensation also sometimes in my face ribs stiff neck sometimes chest and back feels really heavy sometimes feel sick a lot even when not having panic attack suffer from all else symptoms constantly 
    • Posted

Yeah I totally relate to u I'm sick of not been convinced there is nothing wrong other than anxiety I'm just finding it so hard to accept I'm currently experiencing a lot of pressure and burning type pain just under the left breast area it's not heartburn pain but like a itchy type pain if that makes sense but then it's as tho I'm getting painful heartbeats I'm so scared of going sleep in case I don't wake up 😰😭 iv also got a lot of pressure and pain in my neck and back and my head feels heavy and.left arm numb type ache urghh the list goes on ! Have u been prescribed anything u think works best for u?
    • Posted

this may sound stupid but I can also sense as tho everything is going to go black or something sad

• Posted

Well I'm just layed in bed watching tv and I just keep getting dizzy spells in my head like I'm guuna past out so scary just recently as well I need to pass urine all the time even if I havnt had much to drink threw the day do you suffer from pain all day I mean like 24/7 or do you have like burst and no not on meds at the moment but got Dr tomorrow so will ask
    • Posted

Yeah same but this pain is quite strong feels like someone pulling on something in my chest but really hurts and yes pain is constant there I just feel im going to die any moment now sad
    • Posted

IBS does this to me. Its gas and very painful. Use a heating pad on your sore areas. Is you stomach noisy and gurgling?
    • Posted

Altogether about 8 months but this pain is bad today I'm laid in bed I feel like I'm sinking and my body keeps jumping to wake me up my hearts propa palpitating I'm so scared sad
    • Posted

How bad is the pain can u explain when u start drifting of to sleep does your heart feel like someone's squeezing it then up jolt up awake again 
    • Posted

Yes that's exactly it and then a burning comes and I'd say pain is around a 8/9 I'm lietrally petrified of going to sleep
    • Posted

Yeah I get it all the time when I try n sleep even on the way to work if I fall asleep in the van I get it really painful and scary what about stomach pain and bone pain what's your vision like 
    • Posted

It's horrible isn't it iv had it quite bad for past 3 hours but all day but has got worse and stomach is fine backs aching a little and vision is quite blurred but think it's because im tired does it really hurt when u breathe in and is it like shooting type burning pain that goes for like a minute then comes back stronger
    • Posted

Yeah sometimes when I breath in I get a sudden sharp pain in my chest and sometimes go light headed with this 
    • Posted

Yeah same but it's not happening with this I'm so concerned about it I just don't want to go to hospital again I was only there 2 days ago lol
    • Posted

I no I was there last night I told em all my symptoms and they said anxiety they've said it every time I've been there I've convince myself I've got cancer but they said I havnt so it so hard to believe anxiety can cause such pain 
    • Posted

Aww it's bad that we have to feel like we need to go a&e because it gets that bad yes every time iv been there they said it's anxiety and I too don't believe it can cause such physical and real symptoms Im convinced iv got something wrong with my heart and there missing something sad we will beat this one day!
    • Posted

Hope so taken over my life now really n were so young to pain in the backside really
    • Posted

I was getting all the symptoms you both are describing and doc said aneixty and put me on sertraline at the time I didn't believe all that could be anexity but now the tablets have kicked it and the physical symptoms are getting better im starting to believe it is and this is where I feel better as I have accepted it's anexity. Just relax listen to relaxing music read a book or do something take your mind of things and just say to yourself it is anexity and I will get better.
    • Posted

That's good to hear is a horrible illness I try do all that but just can't relax
    • Posted

No but got Dr today so hopefully he will give me something for it I'm I'll 24/7 can't understand it 
    • Posted

I do know how you feel I was like for 4 months and this is my 7th week on sertraline and I can finally see a light at the end of tunnel and having more good points then bad. Good luck at the doctors please let me know how you get on hopefully they will help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.