Ridiculously spotty... what's going on??

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello ladies,

In the last couple of weeks I've started to get a ridiculously spotty back neck face and chest. I've never really suffered with spots, even as a teenager. Is this another annoying symptom of peri? Any advice on how to get rid of it as its eroding my confidence. Help please!

Anita

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hello Anita 

sorry i cant offer any advice, maybe see your doctor Anita, have some routine blood tests check all is okay ..

i had a ten year peri ( no HRT) and never had any problems like this, dont know if any other ladies have ..

big hugs 

jay x

• Posted

Hiya

I think I mentioned a spotty back in one of my (many!) posts.  I know many other ladies comment on the need to itch all the time. 

I've never, ever suffered from spots, and definintely not on my body. 

I found just around Xmas I had a really itchy back, right at the top by my neck, in between my shoulder blades. 

I put it down to washing my hair in the shower and maybe no rinsing the conditioner off properly (I think I'd read that could cause spots on the back in a girly mag).  I resorted to using a skinbrush with a long handle to make sure I'd washed it off.

I was gutted on NY Eve as I had a new dress with a 'teardrop' neckline at the back with a button.  So where was the biggest spot I've ever had on my back? - right in the middle of that 'teardrop' opening!!!  I wore something else.

I recall having a few raised lumps around it that really itched, but it must have gone of its own accord, as I can't tell you how and when it did!!

I'm sure there'll be some really good advice/replies on here to your post, but I do sympathise.

(Its probably nothing, but I remember working with a young mum who had the mirena coil fitted. Soon after she developed really bad skin. I said it looked like roacchea (sp??). Also said to read up about 'adult acne'.  Her GP diagnosed a combination of both, gave her meds, and it cleared really well.  She had the coil removed as she said she wasn't keen on the spotting. But after going back to heavy Ps, she regretted that, especially as she'd sorted out her skin. We just can't win, can we?!)

S x

• Posted

hi yes yes 

i had the itchy skin and creepy crawly sensation from time to time, during my peri, but never any spots.

the itchy creepy crawlies skin sensations can be hormonal decline symptom ..

jay x

• Posted

Hi shaznay

Thanks for the reply. I had a Mirena fitted last week but I had started to get spotty before that so I'm thinking it's not related. Will have to see how bad it gets. Sorry to hear you couldn't wear your lovely new dress 😢

Anita

• Posted

I think that coil is oestrogen-releasing so could it be oestrogen dominance has made a couple of zits worse? No doubt yr Doc would now say 'Yes that's right. Would give you spots...', but they forget to tell you this before they fit it!! Thank gawd for good ol' Dr Google!

The dress.........its only Feb but it probably don't fit now knowing my luck!!!!!

• Posted

Me too Anita...may be a hormone inbalance due to peri changes ? Or something as simple as a food intolerance / sensitivity..? I used to get blind boils around my period time...which disappeared after it got going.....

check with the doctor if there's perhaps a skin infection maybe? Horrible for your confidence..good luck.

if all else fails......great make up/ concealers out there..x

• Posted

Thanks for he reply Mel. I really hope it's just a blip. Luckily I have long hair so can hide most of it. ☺️
  • Posted

YES! Never had them when teen too but I have some now, mostly in the face. Just one or another to remind me my hormones are messy :S XX
  • Posted

Hi,

Me too, I feel like I've got the acne that I escaped as a teenager.

I'm using face wash with tea tree oil in as it seems to help.

I've got quite a few hairs on my face, which I had lazered off years ago, they are not helping.

I still need to use a moisturiser as my face feels dry and sore without so I'm still trying to find one which doesn't add to the problems.

Oh such fun!

• Posted

Hi Anita,

it may be the same as you. I am 54 and haven't had a period in 2 years. For the last few months I have been developing itchy spots all over my body. The doctor is at a loss but blood tests show nothing. It is driving me crazy and getting embarrassing as the spots are spreading to my face now. Some spread to a sore patch.  I am going back to the doctor on Thursday. I'll let you know how I get on. I heard it may be a progesterone thing. Keep chin up xx

• Posted

This is going to sound WIERD hun,

But try a skin doctor that knows about nervous skin reactions. One of the "gifts" of the change.....is heightened anxiety...

Couple of years ago, one particularly busy Xmas.....I suddenly broke out in a raised rash....started on my tummy, and over a few days went up to my neck over my chest and was itchy and certainly unsightly. My nurse station at work thought I had Ringworm !! But I have no contact with horses...!?

turns out I had Pityryasis.......a nasty nervous skin thing which just turns up...gets worse over about 6 weeks.....and then disappeared!!!! Google it and see pictures, it may be what you have ?? Then go and see the doctor...once it went...I never to date got it again.!!

good luck hun. X

• Posted

Hi mel.

you may be right. My doctor tried to tell me it was Scabies! I work with the public but no prolonged contact. I have been very stressed of late. Having searched and searched i think that skin conditions can be due due to stress and menopause. It's a comfort to know that there may not be a particular reason. I'll bide my time, treat with creams and stuff and wait. Your post helped me know that i'm not alone and that is worth so much. Time to change my job I think! xx

• Posted

https://www.dermnetnz.org/

Hello girls!  I just happened to notice your posts and thought the link might help you a little.  A few years ago, my body took on a life of its own and I developed a rare autoimmune skin disease.  I found that the website is an excellent website and my GPs and Dermatologist use it.  It has a lot of photos and descriptions about all sorts of diseases connected with the skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.