Right knee replacement

Posted , 6 users are following.

My TKR next Thursday has been cancelled. How much longer do you think I have to wait arghhhh

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh no. I do feel so sorry for you, After all the build up and preparation you must be devestated. frown
  • Posted

Poor you Christine,just when you have got your mind focused. I was down to have mine 28 July it was put back until 7August. Wish you all the best, I'm sure you won't be more than a week to 10 days. Any questions bothering you don't be afraid to ask. The folks on this forum are great. Take care from tucks
    • Posted

I'm devastated. My daughter is having a baby in December and I wanted to be there for her 
    • Posted

Let'a hope that like Pauline you won't have to wait too long. My second grandchil is due next week and I won;t be able to see him until I can drive. If you can get the op in the next couple of weeks it may be ok. Ring your consultant;s secretary and explain. And keep ringing. They usually have the lists and can at least keep you up to date with what's happening. Otherwise think about posponing until the baby is born, after all they cancelled it. You can do without all the extra stress at this time.
  • Posted

Hi Christine,

I too had my op cancelled 3 days before I was due to have it done. It is very disappointing.

Within a few days I received a letter in the post offering me another date 5 weeks later.

I did have my operation that time, which was August 14th this year, I was worried it would be cancelled again but it wasn't!!

Good luck, hope you get another date very soon!

Pauline.

• Posted

Dear Christine,

I can't advise on how long you will need to wait for a new date.  However, if you can wait until after your grandchild is born I would strongly urge you to do that.  You will want to be around and help your daughter as much as possible and this op will prevent you from doing this for quite some time.

• Posted

Thanks everyone will keep you posted 
  • Posted

hi christine ... how frustrating! look at it philosophically though: there must be a reason for it in the grand scheme of things. only the gods above know! i would also advise you to postpone unless you cannot get the pain under control with medication. the very last thing you need is the pressure you will be putting on yourself to get better quickly. i will spare you the details, but i could only stay at home 3 weeks, then knew i had to start working again. luckily my boss agreed for me to work from home (sitting on couch with laptop on my lap) for the 4th week but i have since been back in the office and doing my other job as well.

i need the second knee doing too but i am telling you right now, not until i have a permanent job which will allow me to be off for the full 6 weeks. the pressure is HUGE and it messes with the whole recuperation period.

consider it carefully as the operation and the recuperation period are - in my experience - one of the most challenging times i have ever experienced. but you can read all about the trials and tribulations on here :-)

• Posted

Oh Britta, How on earth are you coping? I have read how one or two others have had to return to work early too. I am glad I am retired!
    • Posted

hi carol ... i was just on the phone to my mum and had to admit to her that i am completely exhausted.  the whole experience has caught up with me at the weekend.  for the first time today i was so tired i was tearful and depressed.  luckily i had an hour to have forty winks before going off to the physio.  life looked a bit different after that.  and i too wished i was retired!
    • Posted

I'mreallynot surprised that you are so tired. I overdid it on Saturday but  that was for pleasure, first time I'd felt me for a month. At least i've been able to do nothing for two days. Even so I've felt weepy today.That is normal, as I've found oy on this site, especially when over tired. I wish you were in a position to have another two weeks off but I know that is not always possible when you need your job. You will get there and allmy thoughts are with you. Take care. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.