Right rib pain for a month. One week tan stool. Tired constantly

Posted , 5 users are following.

43 next month. Female

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Right Rib pain can also be due to liver problems. 

Test your Liver LFT and also get an ultasound of abdomen

• Posted

Thank you.

I was thinking it's liver.

Do you know what causes this?

• Posted

There can be many causes.

Infections, parasites, alcohol abuse, lack of sleep, malnutrition/eating junk food always, fatty liver, etc. 

• Posted

Hi

I had pain/discomfort under right rib area since November had ultrasound have gallstones but also simple cysts on liver. Doctor showed no alarm toward these at all. Said also called fatty liver you are apparently born with them but only show themselves in later life or if probs linked to gallbladder. They are called NAFL non alcoholic fatty liver. I take dr Stuart liver tonic (holland and Barrett) and milk thistle capsule daily pain slightly subsided. I am 44 years old and weigh 9 half stone with then average diet. Have done a total lifestyle diet change now organic, non dairy, no red or processed meat.. Plus more changes. Speak to your doc but I feel ok now after six months awaiting meeting with consultant next week see next step but I'm trying to avoid surgery and do diet lifestyle change for now

Thanks vickie

• Posted

Hi Wanda, have you been to see a doctor?  It could be down to a number of things so you need to see a doctor to start the process going without guessing.

You don't say if you have any other symptoms and if so what they are? 

I had right rib pain and they found out my gallbladder wasn't working so as you see it could be anything. Unfortunately women in this age group are prone to having problems in this area. I'm in the same age range so I understand.

Let us know how you get on with your doctor and your symptoms.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.