Right shoulder pain and scapular pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have recently been told I have gall stones one stuck in my bile duck this has been going on from oct last year because I do not fit the remit of being over weight and I have a Mediterranean diet ! They didn't do i the appropriate test for this but no end I've had a endoscopy! retrograde one ! so my question is also has anybody had also really bad right shoulder pain and pain in the scapular and I mean really painful like you would have a trapped nerve .thank you 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Reading your symptoms and diagnosis of stones caught in the bile duct is the same pain I had . I had stones stuck in bile duct and it was over a couple of years . After many false diagnosis and rib, shoulder and shoulder blade pain hardly could breathe the pain was excruciating . I get how badly the pain is....have you any pain meds? I finally had the GB removed. Don't let it go too long can cause further complications if left untreated. See on line patient forum for further info. 

Take care are and I hope this can be resolved for you soon. 

• Posted

Hi thank you for your reply yes had this pain since last Sept but I had been a career for my husband whom had a total knee replacement so just had to carry on helping him  . I have been in and out of hospital for months now they didn't look for gall bladder issues my LFTS' where very high too so felt really rotten they sent me to the WMC liver team one of the doctors said she was not convinced it was meds related like I had been taking to many ibrufen which I had not so many docs did not get it right buts she did she said they missed diagnosed for the reason I didn't fit the remit that being over weight no wrong diet because I am slim no my diets very good ! .Ive had a endoscopy retrograde now so without that doctor I would still be a mystery! to t least 5 different docs I had seen makes you wonder eh ! so having stone out 27 th of this month and then they say gall bladder 😢So got to watch what I eat and be in pain till then I suppose 💐

• Posted

A gall bladder problem can give a pain I believe in the shoulder. Have you read all there is to know re the technical research documents especially from the USA where it says that a low fat diet can also cause gall stones due to the inactivity of the bile stagnating.

They said that those taking ursodioxycholic acid tablets on the course did not have formation of gall stones.

This was in conjunction with the research into the dissolving of gall stones with Ursodioxycholic acid.

This chemical method does work for some =most definitely. Some gastroenterologists surpisingly have never heard of it but three chemists I questioned said 'of course urso dissolves gall stones'.

I find the fact that all those specializing in digestive problems in humans are not fully conversant with every single aspect of their speciality and that of course includes the ursodioxycholic dissolution of gall stones of type thereby avoiding an operation which always involves risks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.